Serco is Hiring Industrial Hygienist to perform Site Inspections in support of the Federal Emergency Management Agency Public Assistance recovery initiatives in Zone 2 across the Midwest. The position will consist of professional and non-professional personnel to provide support to state, tribal, territorial local governments, and some private non-profits. Serco strives to provide support quickly and efficiently to FEMA’s mission by providing assistance to those effected by man-made and natural disasters
Duties and Responsibilities (but are not limited to):
- Review and analyze professional architectural/engineering reports and designs or as-built plans
- Thoroughly document analysis in writing
- Develop scopes of work, to included related code and standard requirements
- Validate applicant-provided scopes of work to include related code and standard requirements
- Develop and review cost estimates
- Advise FEMA staff on the technical validity of claims presented under FEMA’s arbitration process.
- Should arbitration hearings occur, testify as an expert witness on FEMA’s behalf
- Requires a minimum of 4+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Must have a BS in Engineering or higher
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in site inspections of Large Commercial Construction infrastructures
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in site Inspections in any of the following eligible types of work:
- Restoration of Roads, Bridges, Water control Facilities, Buildings, Equipment, Utilities, Debris Removal, Schools, Churches, Parks and recreation centers.
- Clearance: Must have the ability to obtain and maintain FEMA Public Trust.
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must maintain FEMA specific trainings
- Due to the nature of the work you must have strong Microsoft Office Skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have ability to deploy to any location in zone 2 with a 24-48 hour notice after Task Order Award.
- Zone 2 includes Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
- Must be willing to go on 6-12 month deployments at a minimum.
- Must be comfortable and experienced using a Smart Phone
- Must be able to work independently, in a team environment and under stressful conditions with tight deadlines.
- PE, CIH or comparable
- Experience managing Site Inspectors
- FEMA Public Assistance experience preferred
- Knowledge of the FEMA Public Assistance Program/Policy
- Trained in the new Public Assistance delivery model is preferred
- Active FEMA badge
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).