Aveshka Inc. provides scientific, information management, management consulting, bioinformatics, and administrative program support to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other Federal and private sector clients. The successful candidate will be a full-time employee of Avehska and will provide industrial hygiene support services.
The Industrial Hygienist / Occupational Safety and Health Professional will perform inspection of laboratories and support areas, document deficiencies, evaluate and assess potential hazards, recommend measures to mitigate identified hazards, and compile reports to enhance and develop training courses, written documents and newsletter content.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform laboratory safety inspection surveys (LSISs) and environmental audits
- Document baseline exposures and recommend measures to mitigate identified hazards
- Analyze data and create reports detailing findings
- Prepare training material and conduct classroom and online trainings
- Update relevant safety manuals
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, an Environmental Safety and Health discipline, a scientific or engineering discipline or another field relevant to the requirements of the position
- 3 years of experience working in the capacity of an Industrial Hygienist, Occupational Safety and Health Professional, Certified Health Physicist, or a similar capacity
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures, biological hazards, chemical hazards, radiological hazards, animal research, and laboratory safety
- Experience assessing and mitigating hazards to maintain compliance with the BMBL, OSHA standards, and applicable guidelines and regulations
- Experience developing, implementing, and reviewing industrial hygiene policies and procedures
- Knowledge of relevant industrial hygiene regulations and guidelines
- Experience developing and implementing training
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Immunizations may be required
- Must be United States citizen or permanent resident or have authorization for employment in the United States
- MS or PhD, with 5 years of experience related to the requirements of the position
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
Aveshka is a professional services firm focused on addressing our nation’s most complex threats and challenges. As a small business we’re committed to supporting our clients’ missions with services delivered by our diverse and experienced staff. With expertise in cybersecurity, emergency preparedness, and public health, our experience base spans federal, state, and local governments, as well as private sector entities.
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
- Extensive training programs
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Technology benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off and much more!
Aveshka is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)