The Industrial Laundry Facility Operator is responsible for performing various duties in an industrial laundry facility including, but not limited to count and sort soiled laundry, load/unload machines and delivery vehicles, process, sort and hang linens, operate folding machines, load/unload carts and other various duties that may be needed. This position reports to the Shift Supervisor.
- Operate folding machines and feed linens according to production standards.
- Responsible for keeping personal work area and public areas clean each day.
- Sort Linens of different sizes and any stained or torn linens.
- Wash, dry, iron, and fold linen items as needed.
- Execute any tasks associated with the linen finishing, folding, and cart make-up process.
- Loading and unloading linens that are being received or shipped.
- Any duties that may be assigned that are associated with the production operation of the laundry facility.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- Heavy workloads requiring the ability to regularly lift/push/pull 30 to 50lbs.
- Must be able to lift, pull and push heavy objects frequently throughout the shift
- Ability to bend, twist, reach and stand for extended lengths of time
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to operate laundry machinery
- Able to maintain the production standards set forth by the Production Manager
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work flexible shifts including weekends
- Available to work Holidays
- Ability to multi-task is required
- Must be 18 years of age