Are you tired of the same old job, day in and day out?
Maybe it is time to join a Team where every day brings something new and exciting!
In addition to an excellent Benefit package that includes, QUARTERLY BONUSES, PROFIT SHARING, PAID TIME OFF, medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, life insurance plans, and retirement plans, the successful candidate will have opportunities for career advancement.
The Industrial Maintenance Electrician's primary responsibilities include leading and supporting electrical projects at the Baytown ExxonMobil refinery. This position will report the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Lead electrical projects, PM’s and activities for the facility
- Always promote safety as our top priority
- Collaborate with other individuals within the maintenance team as well as those outside of the maintenance department, including operations team members, coordinators, and management to ensure the overall success of the operation.
- Must have a good understanding of customer service, sense of urgency, and callout expectations
- Perform electrical service on fixed and rotating equipment and various other facility needs
- Perform preventative maintenance activities for all facility fixed and rotating equipment
- Oversee any needed vendor repairs regarding facility fixed and rotating equipment
- Maintain positive team morale
- Keep all applicable monthly/annual safety training requirements updated
- Always work in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform other necessary duties as required including mechanical work.
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, repairing and performing preventive maintenance to equipment including, but not limited to; P&H bridge crane, conveyor belts, company vehicles, lighting and hvac
- Running conduit, unistrut and new wiring
- Must have or be able to obtain a TWIC card.
- Must have or be able to pass and obtain:
- NCCER + Industrial Electrician
- NFPA 70E
- CPR Certificate
- Texas State (TDLR) Electrical Journeyman’s License is a plus
- Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics and drawings.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair control systems, proximity sensors, limit switches, plc’s and variable frequency drives (VFDs)
- Must have Knowledge and Understanding of control voltage 4-20 Milliamp.
- Must demonstrate positive leadership and communication skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills and ability to learn Infor (Computer Maintenance Management System), S7, etc. (Savage based systems)
- Must be willing to learn new technology as it pertains to the operation.
- Must be willing to work overtime and accommodate callout responsibilities as needed.
- Must be familiar with local policies and procedures.
- Team Member must be an individual that is reliable, honest, professional, with a positive can do attitude
- Ability to work outside in any weather condition.
- Must be willing to work a rotating call out schedule
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license
- High School Diploma or greater
- Minimum 3 years of industrial electrical maintenance experience
- Must be able to walk long distances
- Must be able to climb ladders/steps and work at elevated heights
- Must be able to stand, stoop and crawl
- Must be able to lift 50lbs frequently
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.