Malarkey takes pride in selecting our most important asset our employees. Become a part of our mission to manufacture and deliver innovative, performance driven building products with service and integrity that is unparalleled.
When you join the Malarkey family, you have access to enhanced health care designed to keep you and your family healthy for today and for the future. Malarkey also offers financial wellness planning and contributions to your retirement plan. Our programs allow our employees to thrive and achieve success both at work and in their personal lives. Malarkey offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident Death and Dismemberment, and a retirement plan.
Malarkey Roofing Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
POSITION IS LOCATED IN PORTLAND, OR. Relocation will be provided.
Licensed Manufacturing Plant Electrician performs quick analysis, troubleshooting and repair of all electrical and electronic components associated in an industrial environment. Programming and operational use of Allen Bradley, CTI, Simotion, Direct Logic PLC's, AC/DC variable speed drives and servo drives.
Essential Functions include:
- Responsible for adherence to company policies including safety and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations for maintenance department.
- Diagnoses and isolates production equipment malfunctions using schematics, wiring diagrams, blue prints and associated test equipment.
- Works on combustion furnaces, which include troubleshooting differential pressure transmitters, thermocouples, RTD's, safety interlocks and burners.
- Constructs new and modifies existing installations as per NEC.
- Installs, calibrates, and repairs various instruments including pressure, flow, level, temperature and position transducers.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs when production equipment is down.
- Assists other departments through planning and technical assistance.
- Stays current on city and state electrical codes.
This position has no direct reports.
Duties are simple and repetitive. Applies and develops basic support or paraprofessional skills in procedures appropriate for the position within the assigned functional area. Works under immediate supervision and from detailed verbal and/or written instructions.
Knowledge, Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus five year's industrial work experience is preferred. Oregon Electrical License is required. Working with computer programs such as Excel and Microsoft Word to complete daily work logs. Strong communication skills.
Mental and Physical Requirements
Ability to troubleshoot electrical malfunctions using electrical test instruments. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to gather and record necessary information, follow through with assigned tasks, and identify and correct problems within a timely manner. Must be able to meet deadlines and work well under high pressure situations.
Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body. Ability to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The electrician will occasionally be required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Regularly required to lift and/or move at least 75 pounds. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The electrician is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme hot and cold temperatures, and loud noises. Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. May be required to differentiate colors and shades of colors. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception. The electrician may be required to work outside of normal business hours.