Our team in Dolton is hiring an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic for the facility. You will be responsible for the direction, performance, and facilitation of all nightly plant maintenance activities. This position is 3rd shift working 7PM-7AM with 3 days on/3 days off, then 4 days on/4 days off.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Responsible for daily directing and performing preventative and routine maintenance on a variety of refinery equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, compressors, vehicles, basic instrumentation, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, and other equipment.
- Advises plant personnel on maintenance equipment related concerns.
- Ensures that all safety practices are followed during maintenance activities. Communicates immediately to the Maintenance Supervisor any safety issues which cannot be immediately resolved at his level.
- Is responsible for the daily scheduling and prioritization of Maintenance activities. Provides leadership and direction, when required, to the other Maintenance Technicians while promoting a team oriented work environment.
- Initiates purchase orders for consumable supplies.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Basic pipefitting/plumbing, electrical, and mechanical knowledge and skills required
- Position requires the use of a respirator
- Basic welding certification a plus
- Forklift/Scissor lift experience preferred
Join our team today! To learn more about our company and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at .
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.