Louisa Foods is looking for qualified applicants for an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic for the evening (2nd) shift. Must have Industrial Maintenance Mechanic experience. Hourly wage is negotiable based on experience and education. LOUISA OFFERS: Bonus programs, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Health, HSA, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, Vacations Days, Personal Days, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Discounts on Louisa's Pasta Products.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned) on production, packaging, processing equipment, and utility systems.
- Be readily available for emergency repairs in breakdown situations.
- Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Understand line manufacturing support systems.
- Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner maintaining high quality standards.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment to performing required duties.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management, and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed with all required information in a clear, legible and accurate format in accordance with SOP’s.
- Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels to Supervisor:
- Utilize a continuous improvement mindset to help identify opportunities that improve processes.
- Follow GMPs [Good Manufacturing Practices]. Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include lockout-tagout requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area and report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel, and bend as required for virtually the entire shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment with moderate to high noise volume (company provided safety hearing plugs must be worn at all time).
- Must wear proper footwear for the wet/slippery conditions.
- Must be able to handle constant exposure to variable temperatures in the production and warehouse and freezer.
- Must wear other company provided safety gear as required.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; Formal Engineering/Maintenance Training preferred.
- 2 years minimum experience in a maintenance role within a manufacturing facility, preferably food and beverage industry.
- 1 year minimum experience with one or more technical experiences: Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, computer controlled equipment, PLC and HVAC.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Professional experience with ammonia refrigeration systems preferred.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Must have strong writing, math, oral communication, and basic computer skills.
- Position requires ability to work effectively with production and warehouse personnel.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must provide your own basic hand tools.
- Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and alcohol testing.
Negotiable hourly wage with eligible semi-annual bonus after 1 year