INEOS has an exciting opportunity for an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic to join our Maintenance group at our Los Angeles Facility. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the maintenance functions. This position will report to Maintenance Supervisor.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform corrective and other daily miscellaneous maintenance activities as assigned
- Participate in the plant's preventive maintenance program
- Perform equipment repair and troubleshooting
- Monitor spare parts inventory
- Assist in planning, directing and participating in plant turnarounds
- Maintain proper housekeeping and cleaning in area to ensure a safe working environment
- Participate in team efforts to improve safety, employee satisfaction, quality and productivity
- Successfully complete introductory and ongoing safety training.
- Understand and comply with OSHA regulations such as hot work and Lockout/Tagout, company policies and procedures.
- Forklift, Scissor lift and Boom Lift operation
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- 5 years of industrial maintenance mechanic experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Welding & soldering
- Pumps - knowledge of common types, disassembly, assembly and operation
- Valves - knowledge of common types, disassembly, assembly and operation
- Knowledgeable in Pipe sizing and thicknesses
- Demonstrated proficiency in Flanging and gasketing
- Demonstrated proficiency in Bolting and torqueing
- Knowledgeable in Fittings (nipples, elbows, unions, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Pipe fitting & angle cutting
- Demonstrated proficiency in Pipe threading machine, press, drill press, hand tools (wrenches, ratchets, crowbars, etc.), saws, etc.
- Knowledgeable in materials selection (Carbon steel, stainless, steel, alloys, etc.)
- Basic electrical knowledge
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Boiler operation experience
- Cooling systems maintenance experience (Cooling towers, Chillers)
- Gas Analyzers maintenance experience
- Thermal Oxidizer maintenance experience
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends and call-ins as required
- Must be able to read and understand diagrams and other complex drawings and manuals
- Physical requirements include, but are not limited to lifting 50 lbs., walking/standing/lifting for prolonged periods, wearing personal protective equipment including respiratory equipment in accordance with the Respiratory Protection Plan.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements of the position
- Requires minimal supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good mathematical skills
- Must pass a drug screen test
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to work with computers
- Authorized to work in the United States.