Volt has partnered with one of the largest, most established and recognizable food companies in the United States to lead recruitment efforts for their next Maintenance Technician.
This Direct hire opportunity our client is now hiring for can be for 1st or 2nd shifts with competitive salary and excellent benefits!
The selected individual is responsible for maintaining all production and facilities equipment, electric, electronic and controls systems, instruments operating according to specifications and support any equipment and facilities general maintenance activity as needed. Take a role in instituting profitable new electric technologies in a safe manner.
a. Work with supervisor and/or department manager in prioritizing activities and projects. Follows the instructions to complete required work and assignments (scheduled or non-scheduled) in a safe, timely, and efficient manner. Keeps Supervisor informed of activities status on a daily basis.
b. Maintain and document all non-Edison electrical distribution panels, MCC panels, and all push button stations in clean and working order
c. Utilize the retort log to document, maintain and calibrate the retort instrumentation.
d. Promptly attends to breakdowns and/or malfunctions.
e. Troubleshoot and repair motors (480VAC to 24VDC), control systems, sensors, relays, starters, timers, level controllers, RTD’s etc, and Trouble shoot and program servo-drives.
f. Provide diagnostics, calibrations and repair of equipment and equipment components which includes but is not limited to: heating, ventilation, air conditioning equipment, manufacturing equipment, pumps, piping, retorts, busse systems, vessels, plumbing components and facility equipment and building and grounds.
Also includes, but is not limited to, tasks such as:
1. Properly lubricate equipment, bearings, and gearboxes.
2. Check belts, rollers, gears, sprockets, chains etc. for wear and replace/repair prior to failure.
3. Rebuild pumps, valves, gearboxes as needed.
4. Perform pipe fitting and welding for various metals and materials.
5. Repair and/or fabrication of guards, guides, rails, etc. as required.
6. Perform general facility repairs such as plumbing, doors, walls, floors, roof, ceilings, etc.
g. Design and fabricate electrical panels. h. Install new equipment to current electrical system.
i. Bend and install conduit and run conductors.
j. Utilize Programmable Logic Controllers, computer, drawings, schematics and layouts to perform duties.
k. Maintain the control and instrumentation systems, troubleshoots and repairs all related control issues.
l. Perform preventive maintenance of critical plant and support equipment on a regular basis and properly document for maintenance records.
1. High School graduate or equivalent; trade/technical school preferred.
2. Minimum of 3 years experience as a plant electrician.
3. Working knowledge of NEC codes, NEMA classifications, grounding, servo drives,frequency drives, AC and DC motors, circuit breakers, fuses, transformers, pushbuttons, selector switches, contact blocks, relays, timers, solenoid valves, limit switches, proximity sensors, magnetic sensors and photoelectric sensors.
4. Proficient in PLC programming.
5. Ability to draw, read and understand blueprints, equipment manuals, electrical schematics and ladder logic.
6. Ability to use amp/volt/watt meter, megohmmeters, electrical hand tools and wire; ability to solder wire. Ability to rewire and/or repair control systems, sensors, relays, starters, timers, level controllers, RTD’s, etc.
7. Ability to use various other hand tools and machine shop tools such as presses, saws and bench grinder.
8. Ability to MIG and heliarc weld preferred.
9. Proficient at troubleshooting equipment and making proper mechanical adjustments. 10. Knowledgeable about metric and standard fasteners, bearings, gears, gearboxes, sprockets, chain, tabletop chain and rail spacing.
11. Able to read, write and communicate in English.
12. Must be computer literate in programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with Preventive Maintenance databases/software desirable; SAP experience a plus.
13. Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures.
14. Ability to write reports.
15. Valid California driver license required to operate company vehicle(s).
16. Forklift certification may be required. (Bumble Bee will train and certify, if necessary)
Volt is an equal opportunity employer