Please visit our website to learn more about Bulk Handling Systems: WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM
This position is based at BHS Headquarters in Eugene, OR.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate! The Industrial & Mechanical Support Technician delivers superior and timely service support to all customers worldwide while maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction in the industry. Provides technical support for all system components including controls, electro-mechanical components, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Shared responsibility for service and warranty support, customer training, site inspections, customer expedited service and parts solutions for project installations.
- Remotely monitors BHS installations to insure optimal product operations. Monitoring via SCADA and HMI interfaces. Troubleshoots controls, electrical and mechanical faults at customer sites.
- Provides in-depth aftermarket support to end-users for the complete BHS product line and systems. Interfaces with customers on-site to deliver product and service training.
- Assists with development and maintenance of technical documentation including operator’s manuals, service manuals and training materials.
- Provides feedback to R&D, Engineering and Controls groups to improve product performance and serviceability.
- Provides warranty support.
- Documents all customer contact within ERP system.
- Writes reports as needed.
- Occasional travel to customer sites, as needed.
- Associates degree in a technical field with 3+ years’ experience in a technical field involving electrical and mechanical systems. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Hands-on mechanical & electrical aptitude.
- Experience with hydraulic and pneumatic machine experience preferred.
- Previous experience with Allen-Bradley or Siemens controls including PLCs and variable frequency drives and troubleshooting automation equipment a plus.
- Must be able to clearly communicate technical ideas verbally and in writing to various audiences.
- Ability to organize and prioritize several tasks at the same time and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to provide after-hours support or be on-call required.
Bulk Handling Systems offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Medical including Prescription and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
All within a positive and friendly work environment.
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
About The Company:
At Bulk Handling Systems, our motto is What's next. Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, BHS is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly-owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled