Job Description – Industrial / OEM Sales Engineer for SLC / Utah
About Control Technology Co., Inc.
Control Technology is a manufacturer’s representative for the Electrification Products Division of ABB. ABB is a world leader in electrical power distribution equipment such as switchgear, switchboards, breakers, panelboards, transformers and control products. Control Technology has proudly worked in this capacity since 1983 and grown to cover a large geographic area of the Western United States, including Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington, Utah and Hawaii with headquarters in Billings, MT.
Account and Market Development:
· Manage existing accounts supporting electrical distribution projects.
· Build and grow relationships with key account decision makers including engineering, product maintenance and procurement.
· Team with engineering consultants on project opportunities to ensure product approval and assist with design.
· Support local management, sales team and channel partners to target and grow industrial market sales.
· Work closely with Product Management to introduce and drive sales in new and existing product offerings.
· Set account specific sales goals and design strategies for meeting target expectations.
· Identify and pursue new business opportunities with new commercial and industrial customers.
· Assist in the development of accurate and detailed sales proposals.
· Review electrical plans and specifications to develop customer bid proposals.
· Review pricing and pricing strategies with ABB to determine appropriate and competitive market levels.
· Negotiate and secure project orders.
· Provide technical support and direction for customer base.
· Work with project management team based in the Billings, MT office to ensure customer expectations are met.
· Accurately identify customer requirements and expectations and work with project management and manufacturing teams to ensure customer satisfaction.
Qualifications and Criteria
· Prior sales experience in the Electrical Industry preferred.
· Familiarity with the industrial and OEM market and industrial facilities.
· Engineering degree preferred.
· Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PDF editing).
· Ability to professionally communicate, both verbal and written, with a wide variety of customers.
· Must be able to handle a variety of tasks concurrently.
· Problem solving, customer focused, collaborative attitude required.
Base Salary + year-end bonus based on profitability