Prepares surfaces for finishing and applies paint or other coatings, uses power or hand tools, performs hand touch up, maintains sand blast and painting equipment.
- Performs sand blasting of components in accord with inspection or other specifications provided.
- Performs masking or other protective procedures as required.
- Upon completion of sandblasting operations, will remove sand, grit or other substances which will inhibit proper function or finish of component.
- Prior to painting, will perform any additional preparation surfaces.
- Paints or other coatings will be applied in accord with finish required and characteristics of coating materials.
- Performs hand touch-up as necessary.
- Maintains hand and power tools including routine repairs and cleaning.
- Equipment and parts must be maintained and kept in a clean and orderly manner.
- Observes safe work procedures and maintains good housekeeping standards.
- Performs other duties as performed by the General Foreman, appropriate shift Production Lead or his/her designate.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Finish and surface preparation training.
- 1-2 years Industrial Painting experience
- Experience in auto body shop work a plus