POSITION TITLE: Industrial Painter Date: 6/06/2008
- Reports Manufacturing Team Leader.
- Paint/Staging Department.
General Purpose Goal:
- To perform and complete high quality, high volume industrial painting in an efficient and timely manner.
- Adhere to all safety regulations at all times and be well versed in the hazards associated with industrial type painting.
- Needs to have a good working knowledge and proper use of painting automotive type paints and conventional paint spraying equipment.
- Must know how to mix urethane based paints.
- Maintain paint booth weekly.
- Maintain painting equipment, paint shop, and wash down area daily.
- Operate forklift as required along with manual lifting.
- Must ensure a high quality finished painted products at all times in a timely and efficient manner along with maintaining a consistent flow of completed pieces as to whats needed for scheduling and production demands. Working with other department team leaders and team members to meet requirements and daily needs.
- Must be able to perform the duties of proper paint preparation and wash down prior to painting.
- Able to perform other duties or any other tasks/work duties as assigned from time to time.
- Must maintain a paint usage log weekly as required.
- Maintain painting supply inventory and ordering of painting materials and associated supplies.
- Coordinate with and direct painter assistant to maintain work flow.
- Follow and abide by safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Maintain paint department MSDS sheet file.
- Needs to make sure all paint, thinners, and solvents are correctly stored and disposed of in the correct manner to meet requirements and regulations.
- Operate forklift safely and responsibly
- Maintain an organized and clean work area.
- Touch up work pieces that do not meet quality requirements, work pieces that have been modified, or sustain paint damaged in handling.
- Must be able to help load and unload paint carts as needed.
- Must be comfortable and safety conscience around machinery in production area.
- Must have the required tooling/skills needed to do job efficiently.
- Able to follow attendance and punctuality requirements.
- Needs to be willing to operate in a team environment and participate in activities associated with the companys goals and operating strategies.
- Cross train in other departments and or assist other departments within production area when required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by team leader from time to time.
EDUCATION / FORMAL TRAINING:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous painting experience in public school, college or apprenticeship program or have enough ability to the satisfaction of the supervisor.
- Two year minimum industrial painter experience.
- Experience with the safety aspects, regulations, and requirements associated with being and operating in an industrial painting environment.
- Forklift experience and part handling needed.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Heavy use of solvents, thinners, paint materials and other painting related chemicals.
- The use of pressure washing equipment and associated cleaners and degreasers.
- Heavy lifting, pulling and pushing required at times.
- Willing to function, provide input, and work closely with others in a team environment.
- Must wear approved PPE. Must be able to pass all related breathing apparatus and fit tests as required.
- Work in wet floor area.
APPROVED SAFETY GLASSES WITH PERMANENT SIDE SHIELDS AND STEEL-TOED BOOTS/SHOES ARE REQUIRED IN THE PRODUCTION AREA.