The position will develop new business and manage the delivery of on-call, as-needed services with an initial focus on National Industrial Security Program (NISP) related functions.
This position will lead SCIS’ effort in delivering a variety of on-demand services to current and prospective customers. Services will include personnel clearance application support, JPAS/DISS system updates, processing VAR’s, employee briefings, self-inspections, assessments preparation, industrial security program development and other FSO support or AFSO functions as requested.
The position will use appropriate marketing and sales methodologies to assists in the development of the company portfolio in these services to include data mining tools, professional networks, and trade associations. The positions will develop marketing and thought leadership content related to services in collaboration with business development and marketing team. The Industrial Security Services Manager will follow-up regularly with clients and prospects/leads to identify additional business opportunities; strive to achieve sales goals.
Makes sales presentations to prospective customers and develops and submits proposals – both solicited and/or unsolicited. Meets with clients to assess satisfaction with services and to identify additional business opportunities. Will work with Managers to generate required rebid proposals and utilize team presentations for new business to meet their sales goals.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties, or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties, or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner and are to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Prospects continuously for new clients and business opportunities through a variety of techniques, including; professional networks, trade shows, targeted marketing efforts, and telephone solicitation.
- Develops service delivery model, pricing, and business development strategies in collaboration with the Director of Sales, the business development and marketing team.
- Works with company sales and marketing department to focus sales efforts on developed and graded leads in developing campaigns to maximize sales efforts.
- Participates in trade associations and trade shows, and assists in other promotional efforts to further market knowledge and company presence.
- Develops targeted sales presentation materials for presentations to prospective customers.
- Hires and manages a team of personnel to deliver customer services as determined by business growth, and determines distribution of work load and sets goals to define priorities.
- Reviews and approves all work product and services to be delivered to the customer. Is responsible for quality assurance and team performance.
- Reviews and approves the hours worked (employee payroll) and hours billed to customer (sales) for applicable accounts.
- Is responsible for the department financial performance. Develops and administers department budget in collaboration with Company management. Assists in business plan and budget development; monitors progress against short- and long-term business objectives.
- Maintains oversight and responsibility for accounts receivable, coordination of collection efforts and reporting for applicable accounts.
- Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; acts to ensure that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provides input to Company initiatives; promptly assists in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
- Performs additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned business objectives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference depending upon the nature of the position
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must have the ability to travel up to 30% of the time
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of FSO or AFSO experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing)
- Skill in persuasive oral and written communication, including effective executive-level presentation skills
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of sales, business development, and marketing
- Demonstrated experience and thorough understanding of NISP obligations, personnel clearance processing, and requisite DOD systems.
- Proficiency in MS Word suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and developing professional electronic documentation
- Demonstrated energy, drive, determination and persistence, even when confronted with rejection
- Excellent planning, organizing, and time management skills
- Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle project assignments responsibly.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Demonstrate strong customer service and results orientation.
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to present information effectively and responds to questions from groups
- Ability to continuously self-educate to the changes in related industry
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to professionally represent our company and our industry
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 20 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 30 pounds
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Regular use of vehicle required in the performance of duties
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information
- Speak and hear sufficiently to communicate in person and by phone
- Frequent local and regional/national travel to client sites for presentations, meetings, and visits