Sayres and Associates Corporation (Sayres) is a dynamic, Native American-owned, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned business that has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
Sayres is seekingan experienced Industrial Security Support Researcher with a currentTOP SECRET clearance, verifiable in JPAS,to support the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA), formerly the Defense Security Service (DSS), in the Alexandria, VA office. Some travel may be required.
The Industrial SecuritySupport Researcher will be responsible for the following:
- Support the IO Region Director by providing an on-site professional to expand the understanding of risk to cleared industry.
- Develop appropriate mitigation strategies within the Region and across regional boundaries.
- Mine data from specific DCSA, business and CI data systems to identify indicators of risk that can prioritize IO field operations.
- Support the teams of ISRs, ISSRs, and CISAs conducting Comprehensive Security Reviews at facilities as part of implementing DiT.
- Assist IO leadership with planning, organizing, monitoring, and coordinating courses of action to appropriately respond to mitigation strategies, to identify information gaps, and to highlight problems in collecting information.
- Identify assets whose loss, compromise, or damage of, would adversely affect national security.
- Understand the threats to those assets under industry's purview or control.
- Identify and analyze industry business processes involving those assets.
- Identify and document the security controls that the industry has in place to mitigate the risks to the facility's assets.
- Assist in conducting pre-security research to facilitate the security review at the facility.
Qualifications & Clearance Requirements
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience with the following:
- Security-related data systems such as ISFD, e-FCL, and JPAS OR five (5) years' experience in counterintelligence
- Program management support and working with high ranking officials in amanagement support capacity
- Current and near-term DCSA data systems, specifically ISFD, NISS, e- FCL, NCCS, and commercial business data systems and be capable in performing operations analytics
- Conducting Comprehensive Security Review, Targeted Security Review, Enhanced Security Vulnerability Assessment [SVA], Meaningful Engagement, and operations analysis
- Understand and apply the principles of research to analyze, evaluate, and interpret raw data collected from multiple sources.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate research taking into consideration actual or potential problems in finding available or suitable sources of data.
- Prepare, present, and defend portions of finished research and analysts' products.
- Must present professional appearance, demeanor, acumen, respectfulness, and the ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Current Top Secret security clearance verifiable in JPAS prior to start date.
- At leastthree (3)years' total experience through a combination of industrial security and counterintelligence positions.
- Knowledge and experience with NISPOM requirements.
The position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis.
Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.