Who We Are:
Design Interactive Inc. (DI) is a woman-owned small business specializing in human systems integration and committed to developing innovative solutions that accelerate human performance. Beyond human performance research and experimentation, DI's capabilities extend to user experience design, full software development capabilities including mobile, web, and desktop application development, systems engineering and integration, and testing and evaluation. DI solves the most pressing human performance challenges for customers across the DoD, Federal, and commercial markets and is on the cutting edge in areas of: eXtended Reality (XR- including virtual, augmented, and mixed reality) training and operational support, adaptive training solutions, biosignature analytics, and user experience.
Why Work for Us?
Enjoy the opportunity to be part of an innovative and dynamic team on the cutting edge of emerging technologies and help expand our portfolio of human performance-enhancing solutions.
Responsible for using system engineering and human factors tools and techniques to identify and address the needs and requirements of target user populations and use these data to develop human empowering solutions. Primary activities include literature searches and reviews, system engineering design,human factors analyses,field and laboratory data collection and analysis, analysis of collected data and information given a project's expressed goals, user story, and requirements development, and presentation of findings/results to help inform project decisions. Ideal candidates have keen attention to detail, are analytical and can easily recommend actions based upon gathered data/facts. This is not a remote position.
What You Need:
- B.S. with 2 years' experience, Masters or Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, Human Factors Engineering, System Engineering or related field; Does not require XR experience.
- Ability to perform assigned technical tasks and activities, in a timely manner as requested
- Proven ability to perform statistical analysis using standard social sciences statistical packages (SAS, R, etc.)
- Requires solid understanding of human factors techniques, such as customer needs identification, human performance assessment, knowledge acquisition, user/workplace profiles, task analysis, scenario development, user-centered design and evaluation, system engineering, system requirements engineering, designing and conducting usability tests, among others
- Requires ability to use appropriate human factors techniques to work with end-users to determine end-user behavior, preferences, and usage models, and integrate these into requirements specification and design documents
- Ability to apply this knowledge using the Agile Process to the design, requirements definition, and evaluation of interactive systems
- Requires proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office including, but not limited to word processing, spreadsheet design and maintenance, and creating presentations
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly and logically
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to adapt and work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to prioritize tasks and show personal initiative
- Good planning and organizational skills
What You'll Be Doing:
Support large XR projects and manage small XR projects, through a deep understanding of stakeholder needs, working with Project Management Office to develop and manage schedules and budgets and ensure all deliverables are completed within these constraints, and supporting the project team in executing a vision that meets all stakeholder needs. These projects will involve some or all of the following:
- Plan, with guidance, and conduct literature reviews related to specific XR projects, needs analysis, task analysis, focus groups, competitive usability analyses, cognitive walkthroughs, knowledge elicitation sessions, and other research.
- Integrate findings into user needs and translate user needs into user stories, conceptual designs, and detailed requirements specifications, working in the Agile Process iteratively with UI/UX designers and software engineers to ensure that requirements are properly represented and appropriately reflect user needs.
- Plan, with guidance, system-level concept of operations and product development road map for XR solutions/concepts.
- Plan, with guidance, and conduct human factors end-user evaluations (usability evaluations; training effectiveness evaluations) of XR solutions/concepts, analyze data and document results and associated implications.
- Assist in preparing technical and progress reports, summaries and quantitative analyses of assigned research projects.
- Contribute to and/or lead the development of bid proposals.
- Contribute to writing manuscripts for publication.
- Acquire and maintain an understanding of the evolving field of Human Factors, including critical topic areas (e.g., perceptual skills, decision making, situational awareness, neurophysiology, cognitive modeling, leadership, critical thinking, culture, emotion, trust, multimodal interaction, team performance, usability, etc.), methodologies, and tools, to support DI's XR Application Science framework.
- Promote products and services at various customer locations and functions.
- Perform or assist with any additional assignments as required.
- Physical requirements involve performing general office activities.
- Position requires a minimum amount of local, overnight and extended travel.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please, no calls or emails from staffing/recruitment agencies.