Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM), founded in 1951 and ranked as a Forbes 2018 America’s Best Employers, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts. Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, data centers, cloud services and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working. Visit www.ironmountain.com for more information.
The SLED Industry Director is responsible for managing and growing Iron Mountain’s State, Local and Education (SLED) customer based located in North America. The role works in concert with Iron Mountain Government Solutions (IMGS) leadership, business development executives, subject matter experts, finance, and local State leadership to develop and drive the go-to-market plan for the SLED space, as well as advance Iron Mountain’s position for specific opportunities.
The position is viewed as a forward-thinking business leader focused on setting the overall strategy for the business area and building a success-based business plan against which he/she will execute. The Industry Director will work across internal partners to lead the short- and long-term strategy. The SLED vertical in Iron Mountain is anticipated to achieve tremendous growth over the next 3 to 5 years, and requires a senior leader to work across service lines to ensure a continuous stream of new business for the company.
- Develop and implement a three-year go-to-market plan for the SLED business across all key Iron Mountain service lines. Coordinate the strategy for overall SLED issues affecting Iron Mountain.
- Provide industry knowledge, thought leadership and direction on the State, Local, and Education market space. Make recommendations to sales leadership on policies and trends to drive towards the organization’s growth plan.
- Support Iron Mountain Sales Team members in meeting the growth goals of the SLED segment by developing and executing capture strategies, shaping opportunities, reviewing proposals and working with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead business capture activities for all large-scale IMGS opportunities, including RFIs, RFQs and RFPs
- Collaborate with Iron Mountain executive leadership, and marketing/product/account management corporate teams to coordinate activities and focus areas in the SLED space. Ensure strategic alliance and execution across business lines.
- Develop and maintain high quality relationships with customers and partners / vendors
- Leverage and participate in State & Local industry organizations and trade groups throughout North America
- Work closely with Iron Mountain’s Government Relations team to develop lobbying strategies
- 12 + years in delivering positive business outcomes in Government market segments; 5+ years performing for State & Local governments
- Deep knowledge of, and experience in, the state, local government and education sectors
- Experience in the information technology industry
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, and be a strong team player who fosters collaboration
- Proven track record of leading teams or large programs
- University/college degree required; Masters degree desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required to review and communicate in a correct, concise and professional manner
- Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work efficiently in fast-paced, time-sensitive and often multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment while managing a diverse workload and tight timelines
- Ability to establish and maintain solid working relationships and communication with various technical and business staff, managers, and peers
- Strong business and technical vision with disciplined strategic thinking
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills in order to analyze complex business and legislative issues to assist in the development of creative strategies and solutions for regulatory and legislative challenges
It is the responsibility of every Iron Mountain employee:
- to comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and company policies
- to exhibit ethical behavior in accordance with our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- to complete required training within the allotted time frame
Every Iron Mountain employee has an obligation to promptly report issues and violations.
Iron Mountain is an equal opportunity employer, and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S. Military or veteran status or other legally protected classifications in making employment decisions.