The Esri Industry Specialist is an experienced GIS subject matter expert within a specific Industry. As a thought leader, the Industry Specialist understands how GIS, Mapping, and Location Analytics can transform and modernize operations within their target Industry specialization and can establish a regular cadence for content (e.g. webinars, case studies, collateral, social media programs, web, and event plans) that drives awareness, demand, and builds community.
The Industry Specialist assists in the development and execution of a marketing strategy for growth of Esri technology and in support of business objectives. Working closely with their Industry Manager, and sales and professional services leadership, they identify market opportunities and programmatic priorities for consideration. They have a good understanding of financial, technological, and market factors and can stay ahead of industry trends.
The Industry Specialist networks with industry influencers at an executive-level to drive awareness and demand in target markets by positioning Esri GIS technology as uniquely suited to address existing and emerging industry challenges. They have a good knowledge of competition within their target Industry segment. The Industry Specialist is an excellent communicator and has experience presenting to large audiences.
- Assist Industry Managers to develop the Esri vision for the Defense Industry segment to maximize market share and sustainable revenue growth
- Assist Industry Managers to engage with marketing, sales, products, professional services, international distributors, education, and partner teams to successfully deliver campaign tactics.
- Develop regular cadence of content (e.g. webinars, case studies, collateral, social media programs, web, and event plans) that drive awareness, demand, and build community within Defense, including:
- Conferences, trade-shows, seminars, webinars and workshops
- Collateral including blogs, white papers, brochures, articles etc.
- Web and social media
- Press media, and advertising
- Develop and maintain a strong Defense user community through printed material, on-line forums, and user groups.
- Create, manage, and execute campaign tactics for Defense Industry, including effective internal communications, to meet campaign and/or program goals. Track campaign progress and proactively work with internal and external customers to move activities forward.
- Provide knowledge about competition to Industry Managers, product development, competitive intelligence team, and sales to enable sales to be more effective
- Research, evaluate, and assist efforts on strategic industry positioning specific to the Defense industry; gain validation by internal and external experts.
- Develop deep GIS domain expertise and be responsible for providing industry expertise to support press and analyst briefings, partner engagements and customer meetings.
- 5+ years of experience working in the Defense industry
- 5+ years of GIS experience, including its application within the Defense Industry segment
- Experience supporting programs including creating and managing plans and monitoring and reporting on results, managing implementation teams, and managing budgets
- Proven excellent communication skills to include written, verbal, and presentation
- Demonstrated thought leadership within target Industry segment and/or contributions to professional organizations within the Defense Industry
- Highly organized, strongly self-motivated, and have the ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities
- Strong decision-making, problem resolution, and creative thinking skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able and willing to travel internationally, with cultural awareness
- Ability to work within a matrix-management organization
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing, GIS, geography, or related field
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.