801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
Do you have a passion for sweet infants and toddlers? If so, we have the best group of little ones in town. Join us - come work for the JCC Early Childhood program located at West End Synagogue. Join our team of professional educators, and parents invested in the nurturing of young minds to create joyful and successful lifelong learners. This new program has state-of-the art classrooms and a playground built just for these children. We celebrate Jewish values that are universal to most religions, including welcoming all, and you do not need to be Jewish to work here.
- Paid personal time off as well as paid holidays;child care discount (based upon availability);
- A quality salary based on your education & experience;
- The opportunity to be a CO-TEACHER as opposed to a lead teacher/assistant teacher dynamic;
- Access to medical, dental, vision, and long term disability benefits as well as paid life insurance policy;
- Access to the Sheva Learning Community dedicated to the professionalization of Early Childhood Education.
Who do we want to teach in our program? Someone who:
- has a play and project based philosophy in early childhood education;
- models for children what it means to be safe, kind, and responsible;
- has a reasonable understanding of child development;
- promotes creativity, curiosity, independence, and social-emotional learning;
- views themselves as a professional educator, not a babysitter;
- is dedicated to the profession and our program;
- and someone with a sense of humor with unconditional love and passion for the early childhood field!
- 1+ to 2 years of experience
- At least a high school diploma, Child Development Associate (CDA), Early Child Development Coursework, or Bachelor's preferred
- Current First Aid and CPR Training or an ability to complete
- DHS background check and medical clearance required. Please note, if you have worked outside of the state of TN for any reason, you will have to complete a supplemental background check form and a document from each state you previously lived.
Our Early Childhood Program:
Young children learn best through active exploration and play. At the Gordon JCC Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC) programs, we use a Reggio Emilia inspired approach, with hands on learning in art, music, science, literacy, and math. What seems like a great fun to a child is actually a carefully planned approach to help develop skills to assist your child in preparing for Kindergarten. We embrace character-building, joyful and inclusive rituals and celebrations, and a values-based environment through a Jewish lens. We believe creating community means participating with those who are different from us. We welcome families of all backgrounds. The West End program is conveniently located at 3810 West End Avenue in the West End/Richland area.
Benefits include a FREE membership to the Gordon JCC which includes a fitness center, a variety of fitness classes, multiple pools, and access to many opportunities to different programs. Our JCC Facility includes:
Four indoor and outdoor pools (including two saltwater pools) for year round certified swim instruction and water play.
Multiple age-appropriate, modern outdoor play areas to further strengthen the bonds of friendship through play.
A secure, verdant 52 acre campus in the heart of Bellevue, allowing for outdoor exploration by your child.
Easy access to families living in Bellevue, West Meade, Hillwood, Sylvan Park, Franklin, Forest Hills, & Green Hills.
Camp Davis, established in 1930's, provides a day camp experience for hundreds of school-age children each summer.
Send resume and cover letter to Bobbie @nashvillejcc.org