Our infants and toddlers are the best! Their curiosity, questioning, and zest for life inspire our passionate educators every day. As an infant/toddler teacher you’ll be responsible for nurturing the hearts and minds of children during some of their most formative years, while instilling in them a dedication to life-long learning.
Waukegan Early Learning Center partners with the Ounce of Prevention Fund to provide Early Head Start services, both center based and home based, for children 6 weeks to 3 years. The Early Head Start model provides a nurturing environment that supports the healthy growth and development of each child in the context of the child’s family, culture and community.
The talented staff members at Waukegan Early Learning Center have dedicated their careers to early childhood education and are committed to helping you to be the best teacher you can be. We hope you’ll consider joining our team!
The Infant Toddler Teacher will create a stimulating learning environment by:
- Providing a nurturing setting for the children and parents
- Developing learning centers that are attractive and exciting to our two year olds
- Partnering with co-teachers on best practices and creating a warm and welcoming environment
- Encouraging our infants and toddlers to engage, discover, and problem-solve
- Supporting continuous collaboration with parents and families
Education, Experience, and Required Skills
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency required
- CDA or Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education / related field required
- Minimum one year of professional experience working with children in a classroom setting, preferably with Head Start experience
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
We Invest In You
- Competitive pay and benefits, plus tuition reimbursement
- Generous vacation and PTO plans
- Health, dental, vision, 403b Retirement, flexible spending accounts, Agency paid life and LTD, supplemental life insurance
- Career ladders, professional development, and promotion opportunities
- Leadership opportunities on site-based Center Management Teams
- Relocation assistance is available
- Discounted child care tuition
A Different Kind Of Employer One Hope United is strong and ready to grow. Are you ready to grow with us?
- 800 talented professionals strong, serving 10,000 children and families in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Florida
- Fiscally stable, $50 Million agency-- strong since 1895
- Energetic leadership and a rich community of support
One Hope United does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. One Hope United is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Northshore , Skokie , Chicago Northside, North side , Right off i94, Edens highway , Gurnee, Wilmette , Evanston , Glenview , Winnetka , Northfield , Glencoe , Northbrook , Lincolnwood , Des Plaines , North Chicago , Lake bluff , Lake forest , Zion , Grayslake
"child care teacher" , daycare , day care , "careers with children" , teacher , infant teacher , toddler teacher , "day school teacher" , preschool teacher , preschool education , early education , early learning , early learning , "early childhood education" , "early childhood development" , child development , kindergarten