Assists the Director of Nursing (DoN) in providing, planning, coordinating or managing nursing care, nursing services and health education to residents and patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Assists in ensuring nursing staff is providing quality and appropriate resident / patient care that meets or exceeds company and regulatory standards.
- May assist with recruiting, hiring, providing orientation/training, and retaining a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out the responsibilities of nursing services. Ensures employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
- Assists with scheduling and performing rounds to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of nursing care.
- Assists in maintaining administrative authority, responsibility and accountability for the proper charting and documentation of care and of medications and treatments.
- May be responsible for quality assurance, infection control, and the development of staff as determined by the Director of Nursing.
- Helps develop and implement the written staffing plan and nursing schedule that reflects the needs of the resident population.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Adheres to scope of practice limitations based on qualifications.
- May occasionally be required to perform patient care duties.
- In the absence of the Director of Nursing, the duties and responsibilities of the DoN may be delegated to this position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Assistant Director of Nursing Requirements
- Registered Nurse with experience in long-term care or geriatric nursing. Management or supervisor experience in long-term care or geriatric nursing preferred.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer.
- Assists the DoN in the supervision of nursing staff and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
May occasionally be required to work non-standard hours. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, see, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.