What you can expect:
- Technician Duties. Spend the majority of your day within the clinic; screening those who enter clinic facilities, disinfecting, offering phone support, and other activities as needed by the clinic.
- COVID-19 CDC compliant. With the current state of COVID-19 across the country, DaVita is strictly following the CDC’s guidelines put in place for the proper usage of PPEs and the cleaning of our clinics.
- Continuous Improvement: We are consistently looking for ways to improve processes for our patients and teammates as we aim to build the greatest health care community the world has ever seen.
- Building long-term relationships with your patients who are suffering from end stage renal disease and are receiving treatment on average 3 times/week.
- Team. Cross functional team of clinicians including technicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers and leadership. IPTs work under the supervision of the Facility Administrator.
- Schedule. Shifts can begin as early as 4:30 am and can vary based on our clinic needs. With the IPT role, flexibility is a must. IPTs during some shifts, will be working in multiple clinics in the area.
What we’ll provide:
- Hands on training: one week training paid training provided to get you ready to become the best Infection Prevention Technician.
- Career path options: potential to grow into Patient Care Technician role based on need and performance
- 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take you.
Some details about this position:
- Training may take place in a facility with a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- Hours of work may however, you will typically be working between 32+ hours per week
- You must be flexible on clinic placement as it may vary each day due to the current state of our local clinics with COVID-19.
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday
- Desire to enter the healthcare field to care for other people in need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be comfortable working around blood and needles
- Flexibility and availability to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Physical and mental ability to work long hours (some shifts are 12+ hours) on your feet so wear comfortable shoes! Our work ends when it’s safe for our patients.
- Willingness to work across multiple clinics within the territory as needed.
- Healthcare experience a plus including
Are you ready to make a positive difference in a patient’s life? Take the first step at careers.davita.com.
DaVita is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer – Vet and Disability. To learn more about what this means click here.
APPLY NOW4451 Parliament PLSuite T, Lanham, Maryland, 20706, United States of America