Assumes responsibility for and provides guidance to the hospital-wide infection prevention control program. Serves as a resource on infection risk assessment, surveillance prevention and control strategies. Utilizes epidemiology principles to monitor the delivery of patient care and investigate potential outbreaks of infection. Maintains knowledge of external regulatory standards related to infection surveillance, prevention and control. Ensures policies and procedures meet regulation standards.
- Demonstrates interest in field of infection control of epidemiology and OSHA standards.
- Must be familiar with identification of pathogens, antibiotic susceptibility testing, normal microbial flora of the human body and its distribution.
- Three years experience in hospital setting. Previous experience in the field of Infection Control and/or epidemiology preferred.
- Current Texas LVN or RN (BSN Preferred) licensure or Baccalaureate in Health Care related program required.
- APIC Basic Training and CBIC certification preferred.