|Job Group||Medical Support|
|Employment Type||Full Time (Regular)|
|Hours Per Pay Period||80|
|Shift Length||8 Hours|
|Mandatory Call Requirement||None|
|Mandatory Wknd Requirement||None|
|Description||Primary responsibility is to minimize risk to customers, staff and the community through surveillance, prevention and control of infection.|
Designs and implements surveillance systems to identify infection risks and trends.
• Develops an annual plan with measurable indicators to detect infection risks or trends in customers, staff or the community.
• Assures completeness and accuracy of data collection and analysis.
• Utilizes statistical methodology as needed and sampling methods when possible.
• Identifies and reports infection risks or trends appropriately to physicians, organizational leaders, staff, and public health authorities.
• Assists with implementation of corrective action or facilitate improvement initiatives.
• Interacts with local and state public health for reporting infectious agents, communicating concerns, emergency preparedness and management.
Coordinates opportunities and teaches infection prevention information to customers, staff, and the community through presentations, clinical services, or written materials.
• Critically evaluates care delivery processes and designs education or process improvement initiatives to minimize infection risk.
• Maintains complete and updated policies and procedures for infection control.
• Coordinates or facilitates initiatives for disease prevention.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of educational programs, clinical services, and supportive materials.
Facilitates the design, implementation and evaluation of effective programs for control of epidemiologically significant infection trends or events.
• Utilizes epidemiologic tools and statistical methods which are suited to the problem.
• Recommends appropriate interventions and actions based on valid epidemiological data.
• Involves and obtains support from key stakeholders.
• Engages professional assistance or consultation.
• Evaluates the outcome of interventions and actions.
Maintains professional expertise and supports infection prevention knowledge and awareness for customers, staff and the community.
• Maintains expertise in infection control through in-services, education, professional organizations and the scientific literature.
• Provides consultation about disease risk and prevention including isolation precautions, use of protective equipment and appropriate cleaning, disinfection and sterilization.
• Provides consultation for new procedures and equipment.
• Develops and maintains positive, productive relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate surveillance, prevention and control activities.
• Ensures accessibility of infection control resources to customers, staff and the community.
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with a two-year degree and two years applicable experience minimum. Bachelor’s degree in nursing, four-year degree in a clinical lab science or master’s degree in epidemiology preferred.
• Experience in infection control desirable.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a healthcare related field in addition to education requirements.
• Experience in an acute care facility desirable.
• Knowledge or experience with reviewing and interpreting data sets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
|License Requirement||• Current license and/or certification as required in specific field of practice.|
• Encourage participation in Association for Practitioners in Infection Control.
• Certification in Infection Control desirable.