Experience working with cryptographic products that range from large communications systems to circuit card assemblies. Expert knowledge in on or more of the following areas is required:
1. Type 1 COMSEC certification process and key management
2. Good knowledge of any or all of the following:
- Type 1 Cryptographic products (e.g. KG-175D, KG-175G, KG-175X, KG-245, KG250, KG345, KG350)
b. TEMPEST; encryption, key management (e.g. Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) Common Tier 1 System), and communications standards
c. Computer Security; data networks, protocols & related cryptographic equipment integrated circuits
d. Sectra vIPer
e. Data Transfer Devices (e.g. AN CYZ 10, Simple Key Loader, DTD2000(KIK20), RASKL (KIK30)
Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing or orally to customers on all levels. Must demonstrate a sense of mission and urgency when responding to actions.
Must have served as a COMSEC Custodian
The appointed COMSEC Specialist/Custodian should have completed some of following courses:
1. TACLANE - General Dynamics
2. CBT ND-111 COMSEC Accountability & Control
3. NSA COMSEC Course (IAEC-2112)
4. Local COMSEC Management SW (LCMS)
5. Security Refresher Information Assurance (IA) Training
6. Ability to understand and interpret DIA's COMSEC Program
Respond to Siebel Service Requests that identify a COMSEC issue reported by the customer, Watch Officer, or management. Must be able to work with other support personnel either in-house or at the field site to resolve operational issues in a timely manner
Team with and provide support to the Network Operations and Maintenance to troubleshoot and resolve network, TACLANE and crypto problems. Understand how the network has been engineered to include the circuits. Understanding the importance of remote management of devices using various crypto management solutions.
Establish and maintain accurate accounting records and files. Maintain associated COMSEC databases to ensure all outgoing transfers of COMSEC items are properly transferred and logged into the access database. All memos requesting transfer must be filed along the Standard Form (SF) 153. Ensure all packages receive a tracking number.
Order new keys before expiration date and ensure the new key arrives in time to the various COMSEC accounts.
Perform database updates and queries; produce reports for key expiration, etc.
Ensure that all residential requests are signed before issuance of secure communications equipment. Ensure the tracking database is accurate and paperwork is filed accordingly. Perform consolidated inventory every six months (June and December).
Ensure that COMSEC levels for operational and contingency key is adequate in the vault.
Maintain a current inventory of all COMSEC material, and be aware of the location of such material and the purpose for which it is held. A semi-annual inventory (SAIR) will be completed every six months and when there is a custodial change. Conduct, supervise or request required inventories to be performed, including daily inventories.
Provide vital COMSEC information to out-going Operations Commanders to educate them on the function of crypto and the importance of timely rekeying and return of COMSEC equipment
Destroy COMSEC material as prescribed or directed.
Interface with Network Engineers and Maintenance teams to be aware of new and discontinued circuits.
Pull message traffic related to COMSEC daily. Review messages for COMSEC require actions.
Update and file element memos appointing hand receipt holders to ensure that the database is accurate and includes the date of memo and consolidated inventory. Issue consolidated inventory every six months. Provide hand receipt holder training to new appointies and refresher training for existing.
Oversee the transportation of equipment to personnel in CONUS and OCONUS locations. Ensure appropriate funding is available to meet requirements.
Participate and represent the COMSEC Team to streamline processes and communicate procedures, security guidelines and policy. Work to fix any inefficiency.
Support, review and perform site assessments abroad to address vulnerabilities and operational risks. Prepare after action/trip reports upon return (within 5 business days).
- Personnel with KMI training are preferred.
KMI Certification preferred
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics Information Technology solves our customers’ challenges through future-focused technology and services, ingenuity and deep mission-knowledge. Partnering with government, defense, the intelligence community, industry leaders and cutting-edge technology companies, we deliver solutions that make a difference – helping our customers to advance mission performance, transform operations and discover opportunities to build a better future.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.