Rotator Staffing currently is seeking a Cyber Services Delivery Manager to support the our customers Network, Security and Voice Managed Services program on-site in Santa Ana, California.
The successful candidate will directly report to Client's Program Manager. The Cyber Services Delivery Manager is responsible for establishing a 7x24 Security Operations Center (SOC) operation, plus enhanced Threat Intelligence and Forensic capabilities, in support of the customers enterprise. This role will be responsible for delivering these services to meet the County's defined service levels.
The Cyber Services Delivery Manager is operationally and administratively responsible for the management, direction, work product and professional/technical development of the Client personnel performing work in four core discipline areas including: 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC); Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT); Threat Intelligence; and Forensics. . The Manager will set and enforce day-to-day and longer-term objectives for personnel and provide guidance and direction to prioritize the team's efforts. The Manager will be responsible for the quality, cost and schedule performance of the Cyber Security team.
Daily activities include:
- Oversee daily operations performed by the SOC team, including the identification and response to security incidents;
- Oversee threat intelligence and forensic functions;
- Oversee daily, weekly and monthly reporting of Cyber Security operations;
- Manage team to facilitate completion of operational tasks and contract deliverables, briefings/presentations, and project reviews;
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables;
- Ensure performance to the budget for the Cyber Security operation;
- Interface with all areas affected by Cyber Security services including other IT services, County Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), CISO staff, and County Agency IT management.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and administrative requirements imposed by the contract;
- Oversee staff who evaluate, analyze, and propose operational and technical alternatives;
- Review and provide input for the schedule and cost for work orders requiring Cyber staff
- Direct technical teams and facilitate the integration of subtasks to ensure the optimal use of assigned resources and subcontractors;
- Provide information regarding significant Cyber Security issues, provide actionable solutions in a transparent manner; and take corrective action to issues brought by he customer.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience in Information Technology, with at least five (5) years of experience in Cyber Security leadership roles
- Security Operations Center (SOC) leadership experience
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Project Management, Business Management, Economics, Political Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Law, Government Contracting, Finance/Accounting, Cyber Security, or related disciplines
- Minimum CISSP, CASP, CISM or equivalent certification
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.