Salary + Benefits + Flexible work life balance + PTO
Target interview dates 1st full week of November
Target start date: 12/3 or 12/10
Contact: email@example.com or 773-824-1032
We do not anticipate providing sponsorship for this position.
The Security Operations Engineer will be a member of the IT Security Operations team reporting to the Director / Manager, IT Security Operations. Responsibilities include hands-on engineering and support activities to install, maintain and troubleshoot security hardware and software solutions to protect the Corporate IT environment. The role also consists of applying core knowledge and skills to assist team members in the analysis, design, testing and deployment of standard security controls within the enterprise.
- Coordinate and provide technical support to application teams and business partners
- Respond to and resolve security incidents
- Contribute to the continual enhancement of IT security infrastructure program through the expansion and enforcement of governance, core processes and organizational awareness
- Contribute to the vision and strategy for enterprise security networking solutions
• Performs basic vulnerability scans using vendor utility tools. Monitors security audit and intrusion detection system logs for system and network anomalies. Investigates and/or escalates security violations, attempts to gain unauthorized access, virus infections that may affect the network or other event affecting security. Documents and reports event(s).
• Assists in the review and recommends the installation, modification or replacement of hardware or software components and any configuration change(s) that affects security.
• Provides end user support for security access and permissions • Knowledge of regulations (i.e., SOX, privacy, etc.) and internal controls as they apply to IT.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with peers, IT management and staff, and internal/external business partners/clients
• Ability to perform and interpret vulnerability assessments
• Experience working with internet, web, application and network security techniques
• Operational experience with various tools for analyzing network traffic for root cause analysis (sniffers, packet capturing, routing)
• Operational and administrative experience in development, design, deployment, and support of network solutions supporting application control, URL filtering, Intrusion prevention and access controls
• Basic functional understanding of networking infrastructure concepts, technologies, protocols, and solutions
• Ability to support security engineering projects from inception to implementation. This includes overall design, expansion, enhancements, and technical documentation
• The ability to research and solve moderately complex security and networking challenges
• Involvement with security incident response activities that includes responding in a manner that identifies, contains and re mediates threats to the business
• Preferred Higher Education industry knowledge.
Education and Experience: Minimum
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178