Tier 1 Helpdesk Support
6+ months Right to hire
This position is a Tier I Helpdesk Support position responsible for providing assistance to employees and customers regarding basic computer hardware and software issues; taking in-coming calls, logging and routing trouble tickets, and performing tier I troubleshooting, following established procedures and utilizing a knowledge database in a call center environment. This position works under close to moderate supervision, learning through experience.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Software, Systems, and Hardware Support (95%)
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve tier I issues for users of the mainframe (using established methodologies), PC users, hardware/software problems, e-mail, Internet, VPN, and local-area network access problems in a call center environment.
- Troubleshoot issues, by asking clarifying questions to discover underlying causes of concern. Escalate issues as appropriate.
- Diagnose and resolve end-user access problems by resetting account passwords and educating them on self-help tools to avoid future occurrences for assistance.
- Utilize enterprise ticketing system to accurately document conversations or correspondences throughout each customer interaction. Update knowledge database with issues accordingly.
- Maintain call ownership and provide regular and continuing communication with customer(s) until resolutions are reached. Demonstrates a sense of urgency to queues and customers.
- Provide general assistance and support in using application programs. Analyze phone calls and trouble tickets and recommend solutions to eliminate issues and/or be more proactive in solving issues at tier I support.
- May assist with the configuration of end-user PC desktop hardware and software. May arrange for timely repair of computer equipment covered by a third-party vendor maintenance agreement.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (5%)
- May help install computer equipment for extremely large moves/adds/changes, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma and six months to one year of Information Technology/Help Desk phone support working in a corporate environment or any equivalent combination of skills, knowledge and ability.
- Strong phone communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task without losing customer focus.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Knowledge of:
- desktop/laptop hardware and supporting hardware devices
- desktop software; Windows 7, XP, MS Office, Lotus Notes Call Center CTI software etc.
- installing and configuring hardware and software technologies found in a support center; telephony, fax, voicemail, internet and web technologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Performs work required for this position in an office environment with competing priorities.
- Perform work sitting and talking on the phone for long periods of time, while using a computer.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions with a demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret technical manuals and procedures provided to resolve problems.
- Ability to diagnose problems and find solutions and ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Ability to work accurately, efficiently and concentrate for long periods of time in a detailed environment.
- Strong excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to promote and support a consistent, professional, customer focus.