Our great Fortune 500 client in Downtown Milwaukee has an immediate opening for a Mainframe PL1 Systems Engineer. If you are interested please apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Very strong and hands-on skills Mainframe PL/1, SAS, Informatica/ETL, Unix
• Extremely good communication (oral and written).
• Able to articulate technical and business concepts effectively.
• Take initiative and work with minimal supervision, yet actively interact with other team members in person or over the internet (slack, videoconference, email).
• Able to bring new ideas and ways of solving problems to the team.
• Ability to explain technical solutions to technical and non-technical team
• Passion around learning new technologies and developing additional skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills and able to work in teams to drive results.
• Passionate about writing quality code that meets business needs.
• Fast learner and self-starter.
• Takes ownership of goals and make things happen.
• Experience with engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, deploying and supporting software solutions, and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
• 4+ years engineering experience or equivalent coursework and business knowledge in the area
• Experience with and embraces Lean-Agile principles/DevOps environment
• Technical requirements/platforms will vary according to the role and must exhibit technical curiosity
• Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
• Comfortable working with Ambiguity and minimal set of requirements
• Agile mindset with focus on delivering the working software
Must haves: SSRS, ETL, and PL/1 Must be able to deal with ambiguity and be able to move past barriers to accomplish tasks
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178