Informatics Product Owner
Because YOU make the difference......
Our mission, vision and values statements represent our highest aspirations. Our core values live deep within the Matrix culture and embody our profound commitment to service, character and ethics.
- We create solutions to improve the quality and afford-ability of healthcare
- We capture and deliver reliable, real-time information that identifies and closes gaps in care and documents the state of member health.
- We strive to be an employer of choice for clinical and healthcare support professionals.
We are driving Healthcare forward. Come join us!
The Informatics Product Owner is responsible for the customer and business within the informatics organization. They develop a comprehensive understanding of the data analytics problems and opportunities currently presented to the business and how advance analytics technology can help answer to them. The Informatics Product Owner converts the business vision and strategy as agreed upon by the business leaders in the organization into a product backlog that will be utilized by the informatics team during their analytics and development efforts. This role requires a heavy amount of interaction with the informatics and engineering teams to ensure sufficient details and explanations have been shared and any questions can be answered quickly and accurately. This role is a key player in tracking, and communicating the process and execution of advance analytics initiatives through their entire lifecycle to their business stakeholders. The Informatics Product Owner will have the ability to shape the future of our business through insights, analysis and the ability to define, communicate and realize a vision.
Be responsible for working with the business to gain an understanding of work requests and the value they will bring to Matrix, elicit feedback and enable stakeholder reviews for validation in the process.
- Collaborate with other team members to define business requirements to meet the end users’ needs through one-on-one, small and large-group interviews about data analysis requirements.
- For larger initiatives, develops and reviews story maps with stakeholders to outline scope as input to the informatics project teams product backlog
- Able to lead, create, perform UAT efforts, as well as review data implementation and integration test plans
- Work closely with Report Analysts, Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and Informatics leadership to review and approve design and test case documentation to ensure compliance with requirements and business goals
- Collaborate with teams to develop and implement training and communications that allow stakeholders to better understand the products and associated data changes, as well as reporting and analytics needs driven by these changes
- Partner with the business areas in the creation of analytics and reporting stories, and for specific work requests
- Engage in day-to-day activities with the Informatics team i.e. providing feedback and clarity on stories
- Actively manage the team backlog by insuring it is reviewed continuously, represents the most valuable items for delivery, and includes customer feedback
- Provide vision to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prioritized stories available to be worked by the team
- Work closely with business leaders to create, prioritize and maintain a product backlog
- Collaborate on release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Be an active team member in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Work on special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Business or related field
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience in business and/or project delivery
- 3+ years experience delivering products using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ product development experience with exceptional interpersonal and stakeholder management skills able to collaborate with internal customers at all levels
- 2+ years of experience with SQL Server or similar DBMS systems
- Knowledgeable in relational, non-relational, document model, data warehouse, and big data structures a must
- Proficient knowledge of Change Management practices.
- Proficient knowledge of Agile and Scrum development methodologies and IT project management
- Strong problem structuring and solving skills, reasoning, and implications development, combined with strong business acumen
- Adaptability when projects/initiatives need to deviate from original plans or shift direction based upon changing needs and priorities
- Strong experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty
- Experience with Lean Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen events
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Travel: May require very occasional travel
Matrix Medical network is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
To be considered please forward resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No 3rd party submissions
Analytics Product Manager