Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for an IA/UX Designer to work at Fidelity in Smithfield, RI .
We’re looking for designers who are motivated to create compassionate, inclusive, usable, and elegant experiences that help people achieve their financial goals and feel confident about their future. We are looking for candidates with passion and drive.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- An undergraduate or graduate degree is preferred, but we would also consider people with a certificate in user experience design. We believe great designers can come from many different disciplines.
- A demonstrated ability to design and build digital experiences is strongly preferred. These digital experiences might be personal, for school, or professional. We are particularly interested in people with native mobile or responsive design experience.
- A digital portfolio we can review online is required.
The Purpose of Your Role
- This role is part of the User Experience Design chapter, which supports our retail, workplace, institutional, and global business units. This design role will be embedded on an agile squad in our retail (e.g. Fidelity.com or our mobile app) business. Designers in this model work with their squad every day, and report to a UX Chapter Leader. It’s a face-paced environment that allows squads more autonomy than in a command-and-control organization.
The Skills You Bring
- You demonstrate a clear and compelling design sense grounded in compassion and thoughtfulness
- You show an aptitude and enthusiasm for working in teams, and a willingness to help your team complete tasks outside the realm of design, if necessary
- You have a broad set of design skills, which might include visual and graphic design, information architecture, prototyping, front-end coding, strategic design methods (such as design thinking), user research, or writing
- You can get a little nerdy about at least one of the design skills above
- You understand, or are willing to learn, the principles of Lean UX and how to adapt your process, activities and artifacts to best serve the squad
- You are familiar with the value of design systems and how to use them
- You communicate well, whether on the phone, over video, in writing, or in person
- You enjoy learning, and happily teach others
- You hold a powerful impulse to improve existing designs, invent new experiences, and perform better than our competition
- Design brings you joy, and it shows
- You want to do more in your job, because you love the work!!
The Value You Deliver
- Bringing business ideas to life, through sketching, wireframing, prototyping, testing, writing, and coding
- Helping your team deliver valuable experiences to our customers, even if it means pursuing non-design tasks on occasion
- Facilitating and inspiring idea generation techniques with your squad
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
- As a member of the User Experience Design team, your work has the potential to improve the lives of over 25 million Fidelity customers. You will be part of an agile squad developing a backlog of ideas to bring value to customers and releasing frequently to learn whether we’ve hit the mark.
- By focusing on delighting our customers and helping them feel secure about their financial futures, you have a direct impact on the firm’s revenue.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and furthering a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates.
We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skillset and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource.
For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments in order to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at HR@ ftsjobs.com if you would like to request an accommodation.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.