The Information Security Operations Consultant position will be specific to night watch (1:30 PM to 10:30 PM PDT) as part of Security Risk Advisors’ CyberSOC Team. This role will be involved in the day-to-day, 24x7, operations of the SOC. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with a wide variety of tool sets and various client organizations.
- Eyes on glass security monitoring for threats.
- Respond to alerts, investigate to determine if they are true positive or false positive.
- Use the latest security monitoring technologies to detect malware and hackers.
- Use Security Information Event Management tools (SIEM), Endpoint Detection & Response tools (EDR), and Network Security Monitoring tools (NSM) such as FireEye, Fidelis, Splunk, Intel/McAfee, RSA, IBM, Symantec, Resilient, Cybereason, Tanium, CarbonBlack, Bro and Snort.
- Thoroughly document work and present findings to management suitable for customer consumption.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment or remotely as needed/required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This is a largely sedentary role.
- 1-3 years of professional experience, campus applicants are welcome.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- A demonstrated passion for technology.
- Work effectively as part of a team, yet function well with independent responsibilities.
- Experience or coursework around incident investigation and forensics, information security and computer networking.
- Interest in taking the initiative for personal growth and development.
- Flexibility to accommodate changing schedules of client and project needs and willingness to work extended hours when needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a high level of professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering Technology or equivalent subject matter.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to work non-core hours including weekends and night shifts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Security Risk Advisors is a fast growing 150+ person company with offices in Philadelphia, Rochester, New York and Kilkenny, Ireland. We deliver state-of-the-art cyber security consulting services to Fortune 1,000 organizations in the Financial Services, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Industrial and Consumer Products industries. Security Risk Advisors maintains a fast-paced and innovative culture that focuses exclusively on engagements that solve the emerging needs of our clients. Our environment fosters the continuous professional development necessary to remain at the top of our game.
To find out more about us, please visit our website at: https://securityriskadvisors.com
Security Risk Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at SRA are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or any similar category protected under federal, state, or local laws.
SRA values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and veterans to apply.