The Information Desk Associate is the primary interface between Arizona Science Center and the guests. The position will assure a positive guest experience by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Have a working knowledge of the Point of Sale system, which allows the Associate to perform cashier functions and basic system inquiries to answer customer and staff questions.
- Provide customers with requested information on Science Center policies, procedures, programs, fees, reservations and events in person and via telelphone.
- Resolve customer disputes in a pleasant manner adding value to the guest experience.
- When necessary, escalate issues through the appropriate channels to ensure prompt and satisfactory resolution to the guest and the Science Center.
- Direct guests and staff in an emergency situation.
- Prepare written accident reports and obtain medical assistance when necessary, according to safety policies, then have them checked by the Manager on duty.
- Perform the duties of floor monitor and information desk, as assigned.
- Report maintenance problems to proper personnel.
- Sound alarm or call police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Complete all administrative tasks for the Culture Pass program and act as the Arizona Science Center liaison to the culture pass representative, sending reports each month.
- Assist IMAX team with ushering needs: All-Calling the show, seating the show, assessing glasses needs, assisting with ensuring second floor doors are locked.
- Must interact in a professional and positive manner with guests of all ages.
- Perform other tasks as directed by supervisor.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Arizona Science Center maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, train, promote, compensate, and dismiss employees on the basis of such factors as experience, character, ability and skill, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or heritage, age, marital or veteran status, disability, citizenship, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job also requires the use of a computer which will be placed somewhere in the employee's workspace, and heavy phone work. The employee must have the necessary keyboard and computer mouse skills as well as the ability to read a color monitor.
- A positive attitude
- Flexibility in scheduling of shifts depending on business needs
- May be trained to administer CPR and first aid
- Must have the ability to effectively multi-task
- Must have excellent follow through skills