- The Information Management Specialist provides information science and library science support within this research-based pharmaceutical company.
- Identifies, analyzes and integrates internal and external information to support innovation and decision-making within the drug discovery and development process.
- Formulates complex information queries and analyzes results.
- Evaluates and selects information resources.
- Develops and applies taxonomies and thesauri.
- Librarians, develop and manage physical and virtual collections of published information, organize and categorize information to facilitate retrieval and delivery.
- Responsible for executing a redesign of literature surveillance process for Company products under the direction of R&D information professionals.
- Update and refresh online literature search strategies in the Company's biomedical bibliographic published literature platform.
- Work directly with R&D Information Scientists to edit and develop literature search strategies and alerts, using advanced search syntax such as command line searching and Boolean operators.
- Use online biomedical thesauri and dictionaries to determine appropriate search terms including preferred drug names.
- Use both keyword and index terms.
- Execute and export search results in specified formats using Word and Excel.
- Maintain and troubleshoot searches and alerts in the Company's online biomedical search platform.
- Follow specified work instructions including quality control methods to maintain regulatory compliance.
- (BA/BS) required, preferably in a scientific discipline or postgraduate work in Library or Information Sciences.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Database search strategies
- Library Research
- Research and Development (R&D)
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Online Information Retrieval
- Knowledge of biomedical literature search systems required
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Rushi at 858-703-6733 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 3 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/