Kratos is looking for Information Security Analysts in the San Diego, CA area.
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) develops and fields transformative, affordable technology, platforms, and systems for United States National Security related customers, allies, and commercial enterprises.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
Kratos offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimburesement, and more.
The Information Security Analyst is responsible for monitoring and initial handling of all alerts generated within the Kratos Security & Network Operations Center. The scope of monitoring and response will cover all security events as well as network and server operational alerts generated within the internal enterprise network. The Kratos SNOC is a 24x7x365 operation and will require its Analysts to cover day shifts, swing shifts and night shifts as scheduled.
• Monitoring and initial response for all incoming security alerts
• Monitoring and escalation of all network and server infrastructure operational alerts
• Follow documented processes and technical references
• Document all findings and response actions in ticketing system
• Confer with users to gather information related to security incidents
• Review and analyze email phishing attacks
• Correlate disparate security indicators to find attack patterns
• Provide input and recommendations for process and documentation improvements
• Maintain updated knowledge on the latest information security technology trends
• Escalate issues to InfoSec, Network, and Server Engineers when necessary
• Participate in security incident response activities with senior staff when required
• Other related duties may be assigned
Experience and Skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience or technical training in Information Security, at least 1-2 years expereince.
• Some experience or technical training in IT operations
• Security+ Certifications or be able to achieve certification within 1 year
• General understanding of modern client and server operating systems: Windows, Linux, OSX
• General understanding of enterprise network fundamentals
• General understanding of enterprise Microsoft Active Directory environments
SOFT SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
• Interact effectively in a team environment
• Adhere to workplace rules
• Ability to effectively communicate/present technical information to a non-technical audience
• Understands the value of cross training and information sharing with team members
• Desire to improve knowledge of information security related topics
• Ability to triage issues in stressful situations
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work day, night, or swing shift as assigned