The Active Directory Team is seeking a team member to work closely with internal business partners, internal technology teams, and external vendors to create solutions for the Active Directory Infrastructure.
• Uses scripting tools and automation to develop real-time monitoring, metrics, certification and quality assurance applications.
• Works with technical leads, business analysts, system analysts, DBAs, infrastructure and other cross-department teams to evaluate business needs and provide end-to-end technical solutions.
• Provides production monitoring and disaster recovery standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Provides 24x7 on-call support for Active Directory environment and its infrastructure components.
• Serves as second/third level Subject Matter Expert (SME) support, performs implementation of changes as necessary, joins on-call conference lines as needed, and provides problem ticket support when technical issues occur.
• Serves as an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, and resolves application or system problems.
• Serves as lead for Active Directory BCP, Security Planning, and Audit Support. Maintains all technology process documentation, performs business continuation plan (BCP) exercises, and provides audit evidence and support as needed.
• Assures that quality, security and compliance requirements are met for the supported areas and oversees the creation of, updates to, and testing of the business continuation plan.
• 5+ years of information security applications and systems experience
• 5+ years of vendor management experience
• 5+ years of experience supporting, designing and engineering Microsoft Active Directory
• 5+ years of Windows Server Security experience
• Advanced Information Security technical skills
• Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge and understanding of LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
Other Desired Qualifications
• MCSE Certification, MCTS, MCITP
• Ability to support and understand Active Directory integration within a DMZ and connecting between firewalls.
• Strong understanding of automation and languages including PowerShell, WMI, SQL, Visual Basic, etc.
• Knowledge of Microsoft System Center product suite (SCOM, SCCM, etc), Server Performance Collections and Analysis, Microsoft Identity Management, DFS, DDNS, WINS, SQL Server, Virtual Directories, and Quest Change Auditor.
• Knowledge of Windows server architecture, design, support and OS imaging.
• Understanding of VMWare and HyperV.
• Understand LDAP, Kerberos, NTLM, and Network Monitoring/Capturing Skills.
• Operating System debugging.
• Familiarity with Technology Process systems: Remedy (PAC2000), LDRPS.
• Prior work experience with training and mentoring in relevant technologies.
• Understanding of firewalls and network segmentation.
• Ability to work on call as assigned
• Flexibility to frequently be on call beyond normal working hours
If you are interested in this positions, please send resumes to Patrick Herbelin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178