Under the direction of the Information Security Officer, the Information Security Engineer protects organizational assets by ensuring the secure implementation and operation of information services technologies and processes for Memorial Health System.
- Master’s Degree in Health Information Management, Computer Science, Business, Health Care, or related discipline required. Seven or more years prior work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or similar security related certification preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of security experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems software and related infrastructure of information security technologies/software required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience identifying and addressing vulnerabilities, including but not limited to vulnerability scanning and penetration testing required.
- Minimum 2 years of compliance experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with healthcare clinical and financial applications.
- Demonstrated experience assisting project teams with technical issues related to addressing information security vulnerabilities and implementation of best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with implementing, monitoring and maintaining information security technologies, including but not limited to intrusion detection/prevention systems, centralized logging solutions, web content filtering, endpoint protection, configuration management solutions, enterprise mobility management technologies, vulnerability scanning technologies, and penetration testing technologies.
- Demonstrated analytical skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems, architecture and process flow.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows systems, administrator and client/server communications protocol, UNIX, Oracle, LDAP, XML and directory administration.
- Required experience with MS Office Automation suites.
- Evidence of leadership, creativity, integrity, and initiative. Evidence of ability to achieve results and inspire others to do the same, personal accountability, and dedication to continue learning and investigating relevant technology required.
- Demonstrated outstanding oral and written communication skills, planning skills, problem-solving skills, and change management skills.
- Demonstrated strong skills in personal diplomacy; demonstrates personal traits of a high level of motivation, team orientation, professionalism and trustworthiness.
- Demonstrated sound decision-making ability, operate well under pressure and be tenacious in resolving difficult problems. Able to manage multiple priorities and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels of the organization required, including medical staff.