SBS CyberSecurity, LLC (SBS) is a premier cybersecurity consulting and audit firm. Since 2004, SBS has been dedicated to assisting organizations with the implementation of valuable risk management programs and to mitigating cybersecurity risks. The company has provided cybersecurity solutions to over 1,300 organizations across the United States and abroad, including financial institutions ranging in asset size from $12 million to over $20 billion. SBS delivers unique, turnkey solutions tailored to each client’s needs, including risk management solutions, consulting, network security, auditing, and education. SBS CyberSecurity empowers customers to make more informed security decisions and trust the safety of their data.
At SBS we rely on our core values of Passion, Compassion, Desire, Innovation, Integrity, and Empowerment when working not only with customers but our employees as well. We pride ourselves in our flexible and family-friend company culture. We offer competitive wages, an excellent benefits package with many premiums paid for by SBS, remote working opportunities, employe growth opportunities, and a company car for some positions.
We Are Seeking
We are constantly seeking talented information security individuals at SBS. We have unique internship opportunities for college seniors or graduate students pursuing a career in information security. These opportunities are designed so the student will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in the classroom, gain new knowledge and skills, explore a career path, and be mentored by information security experts. Our internships are generally year-round, part-time opportunities that will provide students with entry-level experience with progressing responsibilities. Positions could grow into full time career opportunties upon graduation. Interns should be able to work from our Madison, South Dakota or Little Rock, Arkansas locations.
- Assist IS Consultants or IT Auditors with performing duties and services for clients on regulatory issues and cybersecurity concerns. This may consist of, but is not limited to, the following:
- Perform research of a variety of different areas, including emerging technology, threats or controls to IT systems, regulatory or legal issues, etc.
- The creation of External IT Audit work-papers
- Assistance with reporting for numerous different services, including External IT Audit, Full Service Vendor Management, CyberSecurity Partnership services, other consulting engagements, or TRAC support
- The performance of on-site services, including CyberSecurity Partnership onsite visits, Social Engineering Assessments, or External IT Audit assistance, as needed or requested
- Other duties as assigned or requested
- Work with clients on a variety of information security professional services, including: IT audit, vulnerability assessment, disaster recovery, business continuity, incident response, social engineering assessments, and security awareness training
- Create and manage project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements of internal projects and work with clients
- Identify resources needed to execute the project work plan and adapt the plan to the resources available
- Communicate technical knowledge to technical and not technical clients
Information Security Interns should be an undergrad student (preferably a senior) in the process of obtaining (or holds) a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, computer programming, computer engineering, or another related field.
A valid driver’s license is also required.