At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Wealth Management & Investment Services Chief Risk Officer (WM&IS CRO) Office has an opening for a Risk Consultant to support the operational risk management program. This position interacts with Senior Leaders in WM&SS, Other Risk Professionals, and the Corporate Operational Risk Program team. This position reports directly to the Senior Business Line Risk Manager coordinating the Third Party, Information Security, and Technology risk efforts in the Wealth Management and Investment Services business line.
Wealth Management & Investment Services is responsible for the oversight for the Information Security and Technology programs which require compliance with standards, appropriate documentation, monitoring performance, and reporting. This position will work to measure, monitor, and mitigate risk by coordinating, overseeing and reporting activities related to Information Security and Technology.
The US Bank risk management structure is designed to promote effective governance and risk management that is systematic, transparent, credible, timely, and verifiable through clear delineation and execution of key roles and responsibilities. Its goal is to manage risks that may impact the company, including, financial, operational, reputational, strategic, and other risks as appropriate.
The Risk Consultant is considered a first line of defense function. Key functions include:
- Coordinating business unit projects and/or activities related to information security and technology, that support compliance with applicable regulations and internal policies.
- Identifying gaps in processes and escalating appropriately
- Assist with issue remediation efforts
- Engaging business line stakeholders to understand and address issues and promote control awareness.
- Provide back-up support to other risk management positions
- Building and maintaining effective partnerships with points of contact within (business leads) and external to WM&IS.
- Assisting with assembling the WM&IS data for key risk indicator reporting.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to seven years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
- Knowledge and experience with the financial services industry, products, policies, operations, systems, and procedures related to information security and technology.
- Understanding of Wealth Management & Investment Services associated risks/controls
- Possess knowledge of Risk/Audit/Compliance competencies
- Professional presence with strong skills supporting process, projects, and people
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, planning and implementation skills
- Ability to multi-task and successfully lead and manage multiple high priority initiatives/activities
- Proven ability to manage stressful situations
- Strong PC literacy in Microsoft Office applications and Archer GRC