Vermont Federal Credit Union is a growing financial cooperative in Northwestern Vermont, currently serving over 40,000 members. We are looking for friendly, self-motivated individuals who enjoy helping people, have strong communication skills, are detail-oriented and enjoy working as part of a team. Our employees are our greatest strength and we reward them with competitive compensation, a Full Benefits Package and a variety of opportunities for training and career advancement.
We partner with quality companies offering top notch benefits of the traditional and nontraditional types. We have competitive health care and 401k matches, a local employee assistance program, on-site chiropractic/massage, and other wellness benefits. Please visit our website for full details of our benefits program.
Information Specialist- Burlington
Vermont Federal Credit Union is seeking to fill an IS Specialist position.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitoring systems operations, establishing user profiles, user environments, directories, and security access on the Local Area Network (LAN).
- Primary contact for hardware and software issues and maintaining PC’s and PC applications.
- Design and maintain systems documentation, processing logs and inventory of equipment and providing off-hours support when necessary.
- Consulting with computer operations management, supervisory staff, and various I.S. personnel to assure that I.S. standards for control, security, and recoverability are understood and followed.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems, providing resolutions in a timely manner, installing appropriate hardware or software, and maintaining and furthering technology knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Deliver outstanding service that is in alignment with the Credit Union's Service Promises.
- Knowledge of batch and workflow programming
- .NET, MS-SQL, IIS, and website administration experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively
- A two-year college degree or equivalent training
- Knowledge, of computer system hardware, telecommunications equipment, operating systems and network components is required.