On Lok Day Services
The 30th Street Senior Center is San Francisco's largest multipurpose senior center with eight programs serving more than 6,000 seniors per year. We offer multiple programs for active seniors citywide including exercise classes, delicious meals and a variety of social activities to carry out our mission to help seniors remain healthy, independent and in their communities for as long as possible. Our Aging and Disability Resource Center, home delivered meals, and case management programs, provide additional support to seniors in our community.
Interested applicants should provide a resume and a cover letter highlighting their interest in this position and their relevant experience with the unique population it serves.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Geriatric Support Services Manager, the Information
and Resource Specialist provides assessment, information, referral and assistance to
older adults and adults with disabilities. Provides follow-up to ensure client needs are
met. Collects, updates and shares information on community resources, performs
outreach as necessary to meet specific goals and records all necessary data in a timely
fashion. Works in a team setting, collaborating with other agencies and the Institute on
Aging (IOA) Information and Assistance Supervisor doing similar work, and integrating
seniors and adults with disabilities into the services and programs of the 30th Street
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Utilizes quality customer service skills, conducts intakes and needs assessment of all clients in order to provide
them with information and/or referrals to agencies, resources, or services that match their needs.
2. Assists clients in accessing needed services and advocates on their behalf, including but not limited to contacting
agencies on behalf of clients, filling out forms, writing letters, or making phone calls to set up or confirm
3. Provides clients with information and/or translation services. Refers to appropriate clients to 30th Street program
staff. Provides follow-up confirming that clients obtain needed services.
4. Collaborates with other agencies doing similar work and with the IOA Info & Assistance Supervisor following
Aging and Disability Resource Center grant guidelines.
5. Establishes contracts and maintains good working relationships with key personnel in other agencies, including
community-based service providers and citywide providers.
6. Promotes utilization of series by conducting outreach to businesses, groups and individuals: schedules and
makes presentations to various agencies as needed. Represents 30th Street Senior Center at relevant resource
7. Completes proper documentation, data entry of reports, submits monthly service logs and reports as needed.
Maintains organized, accurate and complete documentation.
8. Participates in Senior Center program operation meetings and in-service trainings when possible and appropriate.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
1. BA/BS degree with two years experience closely related to job responsibilities or High School diploma or
equivalent (GED) with four years experience closely related to job responsibilities.
2. Bilingual Spanish/English required.
3. Knowledge of services, facilities, and reimbursement sources available to older/disabled adults and their families
4. Must have access to vehicle to perform home assessments and related case management duties.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance