ECS is seeking a Information System Security Officer to work in our Arlington, VA office.
ECS Federal has an immediate opening for a mid-level Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to ensure that a Department of Defense (DoD) virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) environment remains secure and functional. Must have at least 3 years' experience performing a variety of cybersecurity related tasks, including continuous monitoring, vulnerability remediation, and the development and implementation of standards and procedures. The ideal candidate will have a technical background; experience with heterogeneous environments; and the ability to interface with all levels from end-users to senior management.
Candidates must be able to take ownership of tasks and deadlines; work without supervision; commit to high quality results; and provide common sense solutions. In addition, candidates should be adaptable, detail-oriented, and have well-developed written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Play an active role in various cyber-related activities such as Assessment and Authorization (A&A), Configuration Management, Continuous Monitoring, and Incident Response.
- Apply knowledge, tools, policy, and procedures to implement, monitor, and manage cybersecurity risk in production, test, and development environments.
- Utilize Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Host-Based Security System (HBSS), and other tools to monitor, detect, and analyze vulnerabilities.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders concerning security compliance.
- Support and provide knowledge transfer to team members and clients.
- Other duties as needed.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree
- Active DoD Secret or higher clearance
- Capable of understanding the system and its environment of operation
- Experience utilizing ACAS, HBSS, DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), Defense Security Service (DSS) Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM), Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) alerts, Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), etc.
- Able to obtain CISSP, CISM, CASP+ CE, CAP, GSLC, or CCISO
- A track record of self-improvement and continuous learning
- Familiarity with Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP).
- A working knowledge of technologies like:
- Citrix Workspace and Networking
- Microsoft networking and products (group policy, profiles, SQL, etc.)
- Next Generation Firewalls and layer 3 switches (Fortinet and Cisco)
- Nutanix Acropolis hypervisor
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.