Information System Security Officer (ISSO)-21065
Do you enjoy providing solutions to complex problems?
Are you passionate about Information Systems Security?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to provide oversight and information assurance for the validity and accuracy of the Force Projection Sector’s GENSER closed areas and classified computing resources.
As an ISSO..
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the proper assessment and implementation of approved security practices and procedures related to information systems security. This includes the validation of proper execution of security practices including audit data reviews, the installation of all relevant updates, proper addition of hardware and security relevant software, and the associated log entries.
You will collaborate with System Administrators on the managed implementation of NISPOM, DAAPM, RMF, STIG, and APL security measures and requirements. This collaboration includes oversight as well as cooperation to ensure that security measures do not interfere with program deadlines and deliverables.
You will collaborate with our Security team on the crafting of security policies with the goal of maintaining a proactive security posture while managing the functionality and cost of classified computing.
You will manage the classified laptop loaner pool. This includes scheduling and managing the dispatch and receipt of classified laptops.
You will perform and analyze weekly, quarterly, biannually and as needed security audits and report results and investigate anomalies.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you have...
- A BS in Information Technology field or combination of equivalent level of relevant experience and education in the information technology domain area.
- Comprehensive experience with closed areas and NISPOM/Industrial Security Standards/RMF classified systems security practices and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communications skills. Demonstrated ability to independently analyze and identify cost-effective solutions for addressing use of existing and future classified computing resources.
- Current DoD 8570 certification (Security+ or CISSP), or ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification within 6 months of employment required.
- A current Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Are willing to travel occasionally to field sites on board Navy or research vessels to install/deinstall field test computer equipment.
You go above and beyond our minimum qualifications if you have....
- A Master's degree in information technology field. Prior Line and/or Project Management experience.
- RMF and STIG implementation and maintenance experience.
- A current Top Secret clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise toour nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL’s
campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Primary Location *United States-*Maryland-*Laurel