ZENETEX specializes in management and technology support services for a variety of federal agencies and commercial organizations. Zenetex is seeking an Information Systems Engineer to manage and oversee the technical, administrative, and daily operations of contractor support functions of our partners at the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Atlantic (SPAWARSYSCEN Atlantic).
SPAWARSYSCEN Atlantic supports the command mission by providing support capabilities for DoD, Joint, Coalition, and other Federal Government agencies. The focus of the work to be performed under this task order is on cyber security, information system development, deployment and integration.
SPAWARSYSCEN Atlantic Cyber Security, Information System (IS) development, deployment and integration encompasses scientific and engineering activities that support, protect, and defend information and information systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. This includes technical leadership by consistently delivering technologically superior Enterprise-wide Information Assurance (IA), Cyber Defense, and Cyber Security Systems engineering capabilities, systems engineering services and the life cycle support to the warfighter, DoD, joint and federal customers.
This is a contingent position - actual employment will be dictated by contract award. Candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted by a member of our recruiting team.
- Apply instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform IA (Information Assurance) or Cyber Security tasks within the computing environment (CE)
- Provide end user IA support for computer environment systems, peripherals, and applications
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software IA problems pertaining to their CE
- Apply CE specific IA program requirements to identify areas of weakness
- Apply appropriate CE access controls
- Work within guidelines set by Department of Defense Information Assurance manager
- Assist Information Assurance Manager with installing patches and run vulnerability assessments on Windows and Linux based platforms using Assured Computing Assessment Solution (ACAS) vulnerability scanner, and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker (SCC) scripts as required
- Implement and maintain backup and recovery strategy
- Coordinate Certification and Accreditation activities with Information Assurance Manager
- Support Security Test & Evaluations or Validation Tests (Part of Certification and Accreditation Process)
- Analyze, evaluate and report on system threats, vulnerabilities and risks, and plan and implement solutions that comply with DoD, DoN requirements
- IAVA/B management: Determine applicability of patches, test, and apply OS patches and CPUs
- Must be familiar with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Undergraduate and Graduation Education or Bachelor's degree in computer science
- OR bachelor's degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus.
- Completed the following certifications within one and a half year after assuming duties:
- Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) (Previously known as Certified Software Engineering Professional (CSEP))
- Fifteen (15) years of experience to include: Technology Analysis and Assessment, Design Definition, Development of Systems Specification, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Integration, Test& Evaluation Criteria, and Logistics support of C4ISR requirements.
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.