Corporate Governance & Security
The office of the chief of staff is responsible for oversight and guidance for all projects at Perspecta. The chief of staff organizes and prioritizes critical issues and required information for the CEO and executive team to facilitate efficient decision making, and acts as a liaison between top management and other stakeholders. The office also manages congressional engagement, as well as provides oversight of the quality excellence and security organizations.
We are seeking a dynamic, well organized and highly motivated individual with prior relevant experience to serve as a Facility Security Officer (FSO), Contract Program Security Officer (CPSO), and Contract Special Security Officer (CSSO) in Silver Spring, MD. The FSO/CSSO will be responsible for ensuring the company’s adherence to policies, practices, and procedures of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), Joint Air Force Army Navy (JAFAN) Manual, and Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) Manuals, and for implementing the policies, practices, and procedures contained within. The FSO will also assume responsibilities of the CPSO and CSSO as required. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage compliance with all aspects of the NISPOM, JAFAN, ICD and other security activities, including document control, visitor control, and personnel security for multiple DoD and IC customers.
- Provide oversight of the processing of new employee security clearances including tracking within JPAS (Joint Personnel Adjudication System)
- Oversight and administration for a comprehensive a security education, training, and awareness program for cleared employees to include conducting Initial Security Briefings, Security Classification Program Briefings, periodic training, and Debriefings. Implement and manage procedures and documentation for classified materials, documents and equipment
- Administration and processing of incoming/outgoing visit requests, including record keeping
- Responsible for interpreting NISP/IC policies; develop and implement security plans and procedures for compliance
- Conduct periodic self-inspections on the security posture of the company to determine performance and cost effectiveness and advise management of any deficiencies and recommendations.
- Ensure that subcontractors requiring access to classified information have a valid facility clearance at the proper level.
- Ability to create and modify Subcontract DD254s for multiple customers is a must. Familiarity with the various DD254s tools for multiple customers preferred.
- Have experience in COMSEC as a Custodian or as an Alternate preferred
- Knowledge and experience with alarm systems and access control systems preferred.
- Communicate security procedures to employees and subcontractors, and provide guidance and assistance to project managers and staff in meeting security requirements
- Maintain all security documentation and files accurately and in accordance with requirements
- Previous or current knowledge of eCPRL and JADE databases a plus.
- Ability to maintain TS/SCI Clearance, a successful full scope poly, and the customer's secure network access.
- CISSP If not held upon hire, certification must be attained within 180 days.
- The FSO will be responsible for ensuring the company’s adherence to policies, practices, and procedures of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), Risk Management Framework (RMF), Intelligence Community Directive (ICD 503).
- Attendance at the NSA CSSO Course within last 5 years preferred
- JPAS Certified
- FSO Certified
- ISWG Member Preferred
- ISSP Preferred
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Must have TS/SCI clearance, TS/SCI w/Poly is preferred
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)