Kratos Space & Missile Defense Systems is looking to hire an Information Systems Security Manager supporting our innovative engineering business unit launching rockets all over the world for national security customers. The successful candidate will have the full support of existing security team members, including Assistant FSO’s and ISSM’s, at nearby business units and across the Kratos Defense & Security Corporation.
The ISSM is responsible for protecting Kratos Information Systems and data against threats, security breaches, computer viruses and cyber-attacks. Qualified candidate will be responsible for Information Assurance (IA) system hardening of Windows based systems to meet government DoD and other compliance requirements. The candidate will ensure implementation of IA and IA-enabled software, hardware, and firmware in accordance with appropriate security configuration guidelines. The candidate will be expected to work with multiple project teams while demonstrating good communication skills and proactive completion of tasks.
Additionally they will be responsible for computer systems governed by the Defense Counterintelligence & Security Agency (DCSA), U. S. Government, and commercial customers. The candidate will be involved in Kratos Program, Special, Industrial, and Proprietary Security Programs, and the candidate will be responsible for planning, configuring, maintaining, supporting and auditing all systems. The candidate will be responsible for writing, submitting and maintaining Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages and associated paperwork to the DCSA, Intelligence Community, and/or U.S. Government and commercial customers. Support from the other members of the Kratos security team will be available as required to complete the job responsibilities.
The candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills.
Experience and Skills
- Must be a United States citizen and possess a current DoD Top Secret clearance
- A BS/BA in a technical field is required unless other technical training for the job duties described was obtained
- Hands-on experience with evaluating IA vulnerabilities in client-server and web enabled environments and implementing solutions to close the vulnerabilities
- Hands-on experience with non-scripted hardening and reviewing systems manually according to current DISA STIGs, ODSS ISFO Process Manuals, and ICDs
- Hands-on experience with Information System changes and gaining RMF compliance
- Experience administering and configuring Windows Operating Systems
- In-depth knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process to include understanding of DoDI 8510.01, DSS Assessment and Authorization Process Manual, and NIST SP 800-37
- DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Manager Level I Certification
- Ability to plan, author, maintain, train, and audit security plans and procedures
- Working knowledge of physical and personnel security requirements
- COMSEC Certification
- Hands-on experience setting up a new or expanded Closed Area and/or Information System in compliance with the RMF.
- DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Manager Level II or higher certification preferred. If current Level I certification, must receive Level II Baseline Certification within 6 months of performing Level II activities.
- Certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), or equivalent are a plus.
- Previous FSO/AFSO experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organization and communication skills with a strong customer service focus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and fix security risks
- Effective at working independently and with others as required to perform multiple tasks concurrently with multiple deadlines and priorities
- With advanced notice, have an ability to support off-hour operations requirements as required
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint