Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for exacting customers. At Millennium, you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence. Superstars are welcome.
As an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) at Millennium Space Systems, you ensure that the classified and controlled systems Millennium is responsible for comply with all customer defined security requirements and applicable federal regulations.
- Performs daily and weekly information assurance activities, such as auditing and patching classified systems with the goal of maintaining all systems in compliance with corporate and government directives, regulations and policies
- Create new and manage existing assessment and authorization packages and perform all tasks necessary to obtain and maintain authorization to operate (ATO), such as the implementation of security controls, planning, writing procedures for, and conducting certification testing, facilitating third party certification and penetration testing, addressing plan of action and milestones (POAM) items, and continuous monitoring activities
- Ensure system authorization packages take into consideration the requirements of government agencies and the owner/users of the systems such as program managers, system engineers, and developers
- Design and implement technical security controls for new and existing systems
- Participate in or lead planning and executing risk management activities such as disaster recovery, continuity of operations, and incident response
- Participate in or lead computer forensic activities such as using tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, root cause analysis, and providing fix actions, recommendations
- Provide administrative support for security policy development and maintenance
- 3 years of directly related experience
- Certification(s) and experience commensurate with Information Assurance Manager Level II (IAM Level II) as specified by DoD 8570.01-M or the ability to be compliant within 6 months of employment
- Experience in classified environments (Collateral, SCI, SAP)
- In scope Tier 5(T5)/Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Working knowledge of the Risk Management Framework as provided by NIST Special Publication (SP) 800-37, controls provided in NIST SP 800-53, and assessments provided by NIST SP 800-53A and derived policies, such as the Intelligence Community Directive Number 503 (ICD-503) or the Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG)
- Working knowledge and experience with completing and submitting accreditation or assessment and authorization packages
- Ability to audit and verify security controls as part of industry standard system hardening or in accordance with customer or government requirements
- Ability to communicate complex concepts with senior management, technical personnel, and external entities including senior representatives of the US Government and teammates
- Ability to audit, scan for vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor mixed (Windows, Linux, and devices) computer systems using tools such as scripts, Tenable Nessus and Splunk
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (e.g.: Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Microsoft enterprise applications such as Active Directory, Exchange, and SharePoint
- Ability to participate in or manage Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) activities, including computer forensic analysis
- Ability to analyze network traffic using common security devices such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Familiarity with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and other authentication / encryption frameworks
Benefits and Perks
Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan. Relocation assistance to Southern California can be provided.
Before applying, please note:
Millennium is DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant Company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.