Mythics is seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) in support of multiple systems within a large federal government agency. The ideal candidate should have a background in technology and a strong history of secure technical implementations. Additionally, the candidate should have experience working with security compliance and associated industry/government standards. As the Information Systems Security Officer you will work closely with a supportive and talented team of ISSOs supporting multiple agency systems. This position is REMOTE.
- Perform all tasks related to a system Certification and Accreditation and assuring the system is compliant with all required security controls as defined by agency policies
- Create ATO documentation such as SSP with embedded control implementation statements and all the various supplemental documents (PTA, PIA, BIA, CP, IRP, CMP, etc.)
- Review system configurations to ensure they are in accordance with agency hardening guidelines
- Review all proposed change requests related to system design / configuration and perform security impact analysis
- Review monthly vulnerability scan reports and track and address weaknesses in POA&Ms as needed
- Participate in the customer meetings as required.
- Provide support to the Project Manager in planning of the tasks for system certification and accreditation
- Must be a US Citizen to obtain a clearance
- At least 12 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience
- Minimum of 3+ years specific experience with NIST 800-53 policies
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and re-prioritize work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to learn an application environment in order to update or create supported security documentation
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment to complete tasks
- Ability Prioritization of day-to-day activities and long-term project-oriented tasks is essential.
- Experience in engineering IT systems (RedHat, Windows), as well as working knowledge of current technologies
- Experience/Knowledge across IT Security disciplines
- Experience drafting IT Policy and SOP docs
- Technology Audit/Security Assessment experience
- Experience obtaining Authority to Operate (ATO) for federal IT systems
- Experience with FedRAMP compliance of cloud based IT systems
- Must have knowledge in the following: NIST Risk Management Framework and NIST SP 800-53 Rev4 Security and Privacy Controls
- Some knowledge in the following technology practices:
- IT Security
- Configuration Management
- Release management
- Contingency planning
- Access Management
- Privacy Protections
- Cloud Computing
- Security Assessments
- Incident Response
- FedRAMP compliance
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and create IT technical drawings, RACI diagrams, org charts based on a diverse set of inputs
- Communication skills to translate an engineer's technical knowledge and drawings into language easily understood by technical managers
- Ability to comfortably lead meetings with a mix of senior leadership, technical and client resources in attendance
Why work at Mythics?
Because at Mythics, YOU count! At Mythics, we have an environment that fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values of Respect – Empathy – Excellence – Fun (REEF). Our REEF values are the foundation of everything we do.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans available for you and your family
- Premier 401k retirement plan with corporate matching and a 529 college saving plan
- Tax-advantaged Health Savings Account and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous PTO bank and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Engaging company events such as quarterly awards, annual kick off parties, and FUN Fridays (early release once a month)
- Free gourmet coffee, tea, fresh fruits and healthy snacking alternatives
- Community Service activities and charitable giving programs
- Our GREEN approach – tracking energy consumption for reduction and purchasing only environmentally friendly products for our offices
Founded in 2000, Mythics is an award-winning Oracle systems integrator, consulting firm, managed services provider and elite Oracle platinum resale partner. Our business model is all about deep knowledge of Oracle technologies and business processes. We offer procurement and Oracle systems integration expertise across the full range of Oracle cloud, software, support, hardware, engineered systems, and appliances. It’s a focus that gives us the critical business experience and the Oracle technology advantage you need to succeed.
Mythics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. Mythics, Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, and has designed and agreed to implement an Affirmative Action Program in accordance with Executive Order 11246 and VEVRAA Final Rule. Mythics, Inc. is able to provide alternative methods of application for those who are unable to complete an online form. Please contact email@example.com to arrange reasonable accommodations. To read more about your rights, please visit the Department of Labor Disability Rights Fact Sheet here. For more information about Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination, please view the “EEO is the Law” Poster here.