Role: Lead Web Applications Developer
Location: Sacramento, CA
The IT Applications Analyst Level III is the lead developer of a dynamic application development team that builds and supports in-house developed applications for Sacramento County’s Department of Child, Family and Adult Services (DCFAS). DCFAS encompasses Child Protective Services, Senior Adult Protective Services, and In-home Support Services among our divisions. The team builds and maintains a wide variety of applications that help our customers in doing their daily jobs.
The IT Applications Analyst Level III serves as a full-stack lead developer on the team that is responsible for building a wide variety of web applications.
Some of the typical duties include:
- Writing front-end code in Typescript using the current Angular framework (Angular 9)
- Writing back-end code using SQL Server and .NET Core 2+
- Leading scrum meetings
- Acting as scrum master for agile projects
- Mentoring and leading a small group of developers
- Creating and updating projects in Azure DevOps
- Setting up Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment using Azure DevOps
- Working with the Application Developer Supervisor to strategize on road map for the Web Application Development Team
Skills and Experience Needed:
Along with meeting the Minimum Qualifications listed below, the ideal candidate will:
- Be able to collaborate with team members and provide training, pair-programming and leading design discussions.
- Be able to communicate and coordinate work with other technical and business analysts specifically within the DTech-DCFAS section or with members of the Dept. of Technology in general.
- Have great oral and written communication skills.
- Learn and use widely used CSS frameworks such as Material Design.
- Have a strong understanding of all layers of application development such as data layer, service layer, and the front-end.
Public sector experience is preferred but not required.
A Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other field closely related to the intent of the class.
Three (3) years of full-time, paid technical and/or professional experience in one or more of the following fields of application development, business systems analysis, programming, and/or database administration/analysis.
NOTE: Technical and/or professional experience that demonstrates the ability to perform duties above the required three years of full-time experience in application development, business systems analysis, programming, and/or database administration/analysis may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis (2080 hours paid experience equal one year of education).
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application by 5:00 p.m. February 15, 2021