With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group (WMG) is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Job Title: Internal Audit – Information Technology Director, Global Risk Management
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Group Internal Audit vision is to provide high quality assurance and advisory services in a dynamic, innovative, and impactful way. Our work includes SOX, operational audits, and proactive risk management for the business. The Internal Audit department partners with the business to focus on the most important risks and issues facing the organization and delivers results that will make the biggest positive impact. We strive to be valuable business advisors that provide meaningful insights and solutions, not just information and recommendations. We continuously look for ways to improve our audit and risk management processes and leverage technology to maximize our impact. Our success is measured by the amount of internal control improvement, risk mitigation and overall positive change that we drive across the organization.
Our department has two pillars: A Global Risk Management pillar, and a traditional audit and SOX pillar. Our work within the Global Risk Management pillar includes risk assessment procedures, assisting in the development of policies and guidance around key risk areas, training and changing how the organization interacts with risk, and review / audit of key risk projects within the organization (e.g. system implementation, process transformation, information security, acquisitions, etc.).
Why this could be your next big break:
Due to the expanded scope and remit in Internal Audit’s oversight function, specifically the creation of a Global Risk Management function, we are seeking a dynamic and agile Global Risk Management IT Director to facilitate the evolution of our services. In this newly created role, you will help drive the creation, rollout, and evolution of a new Global Risk Management function within our organization. You will be on the ground floor of helping create meaningful pragmatic guidance for our organization to reduce risk. You will guide our internal and co-source teams in providing advisory review services that evaluate significant and transformational projects across the organization to mitigate risk, improve controls, operations, and compliance across our global organization. Your key oversight areas will include system implementation, cyber security, and information technology risk management. The Global Risk Management IT Director will report to the VP of Global Risk Management at WMG’s New York headquarters and play a key role in developing the global risk management function, conducting risk assessments, and supporting the delivery and execution of projects on a dynamic plan. This role requires a high caliber individual with extensive enterprise risk management, risk assessment, and IT auditing experience in companies of similar size and complexity. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to influence decision making at a senior level.
Here you’ll get to:
- Contribute in the strategy, design, implementation, and evolution of a centralized global risk management process;
- Collaborate with the business on pragmatic policy and standard development for key risk areas;
- Guide the business through the application of system implementation, cyber security, and other technology related policy and requirements;
- Drive education and awareness of risk across the organization through periodic communication and training;
- Communicate and inform senior executive management of key risks periodically, as identified through risk assessment procedures;
- Drive the dynamic Global Risk Management plan, including scheduling, coordinating resources, scoping, and providing oversight from planning through reporting;
- Update the schedule and shift resources as necessary based on changes in priority or senior leadership requests;
- Establish the scope, objectives, and approach for reviews using a risk-based methodology that achieves timely and high-quality results and deliverables;
- Supervise and oversee the timely execution of engagements from planning through reporting;
- Review workpapers, including planning documents and reports, to ensure clear identification of risks, and corresponding issues / gap assessments;
- Communicate findings timely, and collaborate with process owners to develop creative, yet practical, action plans;
- Mange the follow-up and reporting of findings until they are remediated;
- Identify themes, trends, and emerging risks for escalation and communication to executive leadership;
- Manage internal audit staff development, training, and career planning
- Act as a change agent who employs accountability, collaboration and trust while fostering team work and execution;
- Oversee and lead special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Chief Audit Executive or VP of Global Risk Management.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a proficient understanding of enterprise risk management, risk assessment, ICFR, GAAP, COSO, and leading industry / business practices;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, verbal, written, and presentation, with the ability to communicate effectively within various levels of the company and executive leadership;
- Communicate complex technology and information security concepts to business and operational leads / executives in a way that is easily understood;
- Deliver exceptional customer service, including the ability to manage potentially contentious interactions and the ability to strike a balance between oversight and getting buy-in / partnering with the business;
- Display strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues;
- Demonstrate attention to detail, strong organizational skills, tolerance for uncertainty, and ability to be agile and adaptable;
- Exhibit the ability to thrive in a creative, dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and resources effectively, while driving and assimilating change;
- Prove your ability to manage teams in a matrixed reporting environment, shifting between the role of an individual contributor, project manager, and thought leader;
- Show your ability to influence, lead and motivate team members;
- Display a high standard of ethics and professionalism; and
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Bachelor or advanced degree in computer science, accounting, or related field;
- 8+ years of experience overall in some combination of public accounting, internal audit, or risk advisory role within a multinational organization, with a focus on IT audit;
- Professional certification (CISA, CIA, CPA and/or CA)
- Global / Enterprise Risk Management experience, specifically with the implementation of a GRM / ERM function;
- Experience with SAP, HFM, Oracle Financials, Microsoft Office applications, or Tableau and other competencies such as cloud computing, data analytics, robotic process automation (RPA), and fraud investigations;
- Global / multinational system implementation or implementation audit experience;
- Cyber security or information security audit experience;
- Experience in implementing and evaluating NIST and ISO framework compliance;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience coaching and developing team members; and
- Media and entertainment industry experience, specifically music industry experience.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2017 Warner Music Inc.